Water is the most dominant element in the plant, but did you know that only 1.1% of Earth’s water is suitable for drinking. Also, if you’re fatigued, stressed, or depressed, did you know that a glass of water could alleviate your mood swings? Water offers a lot of benefits, especially when you know more facts about it.
- Depression and fatigue can often be an indication of dehydration.
- It is important to drink water with meals as it helps with the process of digestion.
- Water can help in losing fat. It allows our body to metabolize more efficiently.
- Water can give benefits to your skin. As your body rehydrates through drinking, your skin will be nourished, and it will avoid making your skin sag as you grow old.
- You can make it three weeks without food but not taking water within three days, and you’ll perish.
- An immediate weight reduction after your workout is not because of the amount of fat burned, but because of the water, you lose through excessive perspiration.
- Water comprises about 70% of our body, 12-18 gallons depending on your weight. A 2% water level reduction in your body can decrease about 20% of your mental and physical activity.
- The feeling of thirst only signals when your body is already dehydrated. It’s better to drink water constantly, even without feeling the thirst reflex.
- Children dehydrate more quickly than adults do.
- Water boosts the immune system. Water guzzlers are less likely to get flu, cancer, or other ailments because with more water circulating on our body, the more foreign and unwanted substances in our body are flashed out.
- Drinking water frequently will avoid having cramps and sprains. Proper hydration will keep your joints lubricated and your muscles to be more flexible to bear any sprains.
After reading all these, you can grab a glass of water, drink, and always keep in mind to always keep hydrated with safe water!