Crown Berkey Water Filter - 6 Gallons
The Crown Berkey is the largest model, so it can be used for providing pure drinking water to a large number of people (up to 150). May it be at home, churches, hospitals orphanages, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies. The Crown Berkey is made of high-quality stainless steel.
- The Crown Berkey System comes standard with two Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4, 6, or 8 elements
- The Crown Berkey System is our largest system and is ideal for large groups at home, churches, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 20" in height
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 6 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 30"
- Diameter: 11"
- Weight: 12 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 6-12 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey System can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® System can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour
This system comes standard with the following:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8)
- 1 stainless steel lid
- 1 spigot
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 6 blocking plugs
- 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
This system can have up to 8 Black Berkey elements. With the maximum filtration capacity of the filter being 26 gallons per hour.
Its powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries.
Also, this system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes.
It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and heavy metals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
More About the Crown Berkey:
6 gallons (17 liters)
Up to 8 Black Berkey (upper) + 8 Fluoride Filters (lower)
|Flow Rate||6.5 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 16.5 Gallons per hour (6 Elements)|
|Height||31” (Includes lid and knob)|
The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 20” in height.
6-12+ People normal everyday use
Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
|Weight||12 lbs empty|
Up to 8 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Crown Berkey for More Water Needs:
Most of the municipal water utilities use chlorine in treating their drinking water since it is very effective in killing bacteria. It is also easy to use and inexpensive.
But even though chlorine is a very good water disinfectant, it can make the drinking water taste and smell very unpleasant, and it can also react with some organic substances that are also in the water to form a hazardous compound.
Water filters can help purify your drinking water, removing these impurities can make the water very safe to drink while also improving how it smells or tastes.
The Water Filter that You Should Get
Our water filters provide the most effective removal of waterborne contaminants. Our products are now used all over the world, in fact, because of its efficiency in filtering drinking water, it has been set as the international standard for water filters that can be used either in a clean or a hostile environment.
Berkey Water Filter systems are available in several models of a different kind. Each of these models was built with a specific guideline and a group size in mind.
The Crown Berkey Water Filter
The Crown Berkey is the biggest water filter system that is available in the line of Berkey water filters. This water filter is very versatile, it is ideal to serve as a water purifier on your kitchen countertop, but it could also be used for an outdoor activity and even for emergency situations.
This Berkey water purifier can immediately provide you with filtered water; it can purify both treated and untreated raw water. It was built with 304 polished stainless steel, and it has an attractive and durable body.
This water filtering system consists of two Black Berkey purifying elements that can be upgraded to up to four, six or eight purifying elements.
It can store up to 6 gallons or 22.7 liters of water, and for a normal daily use, it can serve 6 to 12 people, but when it is fully configured, the Crown Berkey can serve 300 to 625 people.
The water purifier of the Crown Berkey does not simply filter drinking water, but it removes 99.99% of pathogens, heavy metals and other substances that can be dangerous or hazardous to health, or cause a bad smell or taste to the water.
With the Crown Berkey, you won’t need electricity or water pressure to get clean and pure water, and it uses the natural pressure of the water in the filtering system and gravity so that water can pass through the micropores of its purification elements.
A water filter that does not depend on the pressurized water of electricity is one of the most important parts of emergency preparedness. It can purify treated water and even untreated water fast and based on the number of Black Berkey purifying elements that are configured into it, and it can serve a big number of people.
Berkey water filters were also designed to last and, it will be around for a long time, and it will serve you thousands of gallons of water.
The Crown Berkey water filter is also disaster ready, which is why it was built to purify water at such a fast and powerful rate. But Berkey water filter system is also very versatile and flexible, and you may found a Crown Berkey as a great household tool.
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filterswater filter systems | berkey water filters | water filter that removes fluoride | the big berkey | potable water purification |
More from this collection
This 6 gallon filter system has been a blessing and a relief from all the plastic container jugs we were constantly buying and handling including disposal. The reviews that say the sight glass option (helps see the level of filling) leaks were probably just overfilling the water level and leakage was from the overflow hole on the top of the tube, thus causing water to run down the outside of the tube and appearing to come from the threads of the spigot. I know because I did just that and figured it out by simple observation. I chose the stand to set the Berky above the countertop and dispense over the sink to facilitate filling taller containers. The 6 gallon model is worth the extra dollars because we don't have to fill it as often. In less than one year the Berky will have paid for itself compared to bottled water that was no more than a chlorine reduced version of processed city water.
We gave these as gifts to our kids and they love them. Great product!
We have had our Crown Berkey just a little over a month and we love it and would recommend it to all! It is delicious!
To me this is a NO BRAINER.. clean, safe water for years! I've had my Berkey crown for a few months now and all I can say is, save up and get one for you and your family. Water is SO critical to our well being and not having to rely on government or private sector for clean safe water is very important to me. And side note..if things in our crazy society go sideways me and my family will have clean water wherever whenever. Stock up on filters! Thanks team Berkey!!