Blemished Big Berkey Water Filter (2.25 gal) (Limit one unit per order)
Blemished Big Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($58 Off)
The versatile Big Berkey System is ideal for small to medium-sized families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 elements
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 llbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
*Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
Heard about these from a friend who heard from a friend... I didn't realize my water tasted like it did until I got the Berkey.
THANK You Berkley, my son and friends have raved so much about the purist water they've ever had. I bought my son a BIG BERKEY for Xmas. Also two co-workers bought another 2 at xmas. Everyone has told me they appreciate Flouride Free water and eliminating poisons/ heavy metals in their water. But mostly, they say the water is phenomenal
I have a 2 canister filter system from Lowes under the sink that I use as a pre-filter to fill the Berkey. When I compare the taste with the pre-filtered water to the Berkey filtered water, I am amazed how much difference there is. The pre-filter water still has a slight chemical taste. The filtered Berkey water is tasteless and odorless. Thank you for a quality product. I feel better about the water my family is drinking. I wish I had bought one sooner.
Submitting a review as a very satisfied customer. Love the extent to which Berkey filters water, the easy set up, maintenance and gorgeous dispenser!
Lost my first Berkey in a divorce, and that one had the old ceramic filters. I LOVE the newer charcoal filters. When PROPERLY primed, these charcoal filters filter the water REALLY FAST. Priming was surprisingly easy, and happened in seconds. The charcoal/Black filters are so much better. I am totally pleased with this new Berkey. You cannot trust the local water supply; even when they admit to a mistake ("Oops, we accidentally put too much Chlorine into the system LAST week-so sorry for your skin rash and Crones' flare-up!")-it is after the fact. Berkey filtered water is the best way to stay pro-actively UN-poisoned! Thanks Berkey!