Berkey Earth DE (Diatomaceous Earth) Filtration Element (Set of 2)
- Sold as a set of 2 single filter element
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Filtration class
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to bacterial level
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and more are easily reduced to 99.9%
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards
- Each element will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years, before replacement is needed
- With 4 elements (in a Big Berkey® system), the 7” elements can produce flow rate of up to .8 gallons per hour or up to 19 gallons of water in 24 hours, the 9” elements can produce flow rate of up to 1.5 gallons per hour or up to 36 gallons of water in 24 hours
- Ideal for the price-conscious consumer to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey® elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later
- Available in 7” and 9” sizes
- Compatible with PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters (Not Compatible with PF-2)
Berkey Earth 'Diatomaceous Earth' Filter Elements is now the solution to any water filtration problems. It is, by far, the most outstanding filtration element on the market. It has been receiving a lot of recognition and acknowledgement by the consumers from all over the globe.
BERKEY EARTH DE (Diatomaceous Earth) FILTRATION ELEMENT
The Berkey Earth DE Filtration Element is designed to have special elimination abilities. Particularly, Diatomaceous Earth particles and other natural (or even unnatural if I may say) elements. In that line of thought, it gives the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System a one step ahead than what other filtration system can do.
A test was conducted to verify the reliability of the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System. The test had shown that the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System reached Log 3 Removal. Which means, the product has the ability to remove 99.9% of waste substances and particles. Such as, which are also found the very most common to be found in our waters, Pesticides, Herbicides, Pharmaceuticals, Volatile Organic contaminants, Semi-Volatile Organic contaminants, Heavy Metals and Petroleum-based products.
In addition, the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System has also been tested and proven to successfully remove a number of biological contaminants. Biological contaminants include, Coliform bacteria & Fecal Coliform bacteria, E-Coli bacteria, Bacillus Atrophaeus and the notorious Salmonella bacteria.
Outstanding Features of the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System
What is astounding about the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System is that it has a longer shelf life among other competing water filtration products. In particular, the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System can function in high-quality of up to three years before the need to replace it with a new one. As oppose to other water filtration brands, that have been proven to only sustain its performance for six months up to one year maximum.
With that fact-based statement, this makes the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System an advantage to the household. Because, it is the most practical option and choice compared to other competitive brand water filtration products.
Flow Rate of the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System
The Flow rate of the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System has the ability to produce a maximum of 12 gallons of water per day. That is already 16 times more than what an average should be drinking on a daily basis.
Fun Fact: An average person is required to drink 8 ounces of water per day. That equates to 2 liters per day or half a gallon. This, however, depends on the health condition or water levels of a person. If that person is dehydrated or not.
In line with that fact, the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System can provide a single person a weeks supply of water. On the other hand, the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System can sufficiently hydrate 16 average persons per day.
What if I already have an Existing Water Filter?
The Berkey Earth DE Filtration System was designed to be versatile. In a way, which it can be the perfect replacement for any other gravity fed water filtration brands. As long as, the size of your existing water filtration system is from 1.5 gallons or larger. You already have an economical promoting water filtration brand and an effective waste or substance removal in that matter.
The Berkey Earth DE Filtration System Removes Waste but not Minerals
Another reason, why almost every one has decided to switch to the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System. It is for the reason that it can somewhat detect what is needed to be eliminated and what is not. It knows what the body needs and what the body does not need. To further elaborate, the Berkey Filter DE Water Filtration system is designed to eliminate heavy metals and other unnecessary substance found in the water of up to 99.9%. On the contrary, it allows minerals to pass through securely without having to slip in some wastes while on the process.
Limitations and Precautions of the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System
How often Should You Clean the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System?
As soon as you notice that the flow rate of your Berkey Earth DE Filtration System begins to decrease, that calls for the perfect time to clean it. You can do so by following these easy steps as per the company's discretion:
- Carefully remove the Berkey Earth® Element from the upper chamber.
- Using a soft toothbrush or soft scouring pad (3M Scotch-Brite® or similar), scrub the filter under running water or in a bowl of water. Cleaning should be performed evenly by working from the threaded mount down. Always brush away from threaded mount, taking care not to contaminate the mount. Never use soap or detergents.
- Replace the filter in the upper chamber. Be sure that sealing washer is properly seated by turning nut until tight.
Contaminant Build-up on the Berkey Earth Element
First and foremost, the Berkey Earth Element is made from literally Diatomaceous Earth. Diatomaceous Earth is a substance made out of fossil which is composed of tiny silicon shells. These silicon shells are made out of microscopic, hard-shelled, one-celled algae called diatoms. Along with the Diatomaceous Earth, are other specialized media which both are combined in a propriety formulation.
Because of the Berkey Earth Element's composition, it is recognized to be very reliable when it comes to reducing bacteria build-up. The special formulation of both the Diatomaceous earth and other specialized media makes it easier to control the fast growth of any unwanted microorganisms.
How Safe does it Produce Water?
Being able to provide your household a safe and drinkable water is very vital. That is one of the important things that the Berkey Earth DE Filtration System focuses on. Aside from being economically available in the market, it aims to assure high-quality production of water to its consumers.
Berkey Earth 3-year Filter Elements far outperform other competing brands, especially in the ceramic filter category.
The proprietary formulation of the Berkey Earth DE Filter Elements gives the element the special reduction capabilities of natural Diatomaceous Earth and other components, making it more powerful than any other gravity fed filtration element of its kind available on the market today.
The Berkey Earth Filter Element tested up to Log 3 removal, that's 99.9%, for the following potential chemical contaminants: -Volatile Organic contaminants, Semi-Volatile Organic contaminants, Heavy Metals (at both low and high PH levels), Pesticides, Chlorides (including Chloramine & Fluoride), Herbicides, Pharmaceuticals and Petroleum based Products.
The Berkey Earth Filter Element has been successfully tested for reduction of the following biological contaminants: Bacillus atrophaeus, Coliform Bacteria & Fecal Coliform bacteria, E-coli bacteria and the Salmonella bacteria.
The Berkey Earth Filter elements last up to three years before requiring replacement whereas competing brands must be replaced every six months to one year, depending on brand. This makes Berkey Earth Filter Elements virtually the most economical water filtration elements available and the ideal replacement element as they fit any other brand of standard sized gravity fed filter system.
The Berkey Earth Filter Elements can be used as a less expensive yet more powerful replacement element for most other brands of gravity fed water filter systems from 1.5 gallons and larger.