Berkey Earth™ DE (Diatomaceous Earth) Filtration Element (Set of 2)
- Sold as a set of 2 single filter element
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Filtration class
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to bacterial level
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and more are easily reduced to 99.9%
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards
- Each element will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years, before replacement is needed
- With 4 elements (in a Big Berkey® system), the 7” elements can produce flow rate of up to .8 gallons per hour or up to 19 gallons of water in 24 hours, the 9” elements can produce flow rate of up to 1.5 gallons per hour or up to 36 gallons of water in 24 hours
- Ideal for the price-conscious consumer to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey® elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later
- Available in 7” and 9” sizes
- Compatible with PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters (Not Compatible with PF-2)
Berkey Earth™ 3-year Filter Elements far outperform other competing brands, especially in the ceramic filter category.
The proprietary formulation of the Berkey Earth™ DE Filter Elements gives the element the special reduction capabilities of natural Diatomaceous Earth and other components, making it more powerful than any other gravity fed filtration element of its kind available on the market today.
The Berkey Earth™ Filter Element tested up to Log 3 removal, that's 99.9%, for the following potential chemical contaminants: -Volatile Organic contaminants, Semi-Volatile Organic contaminants, Heavy Metals (at both low and high PH levels), Pesticides, Chlorides (including Chloramine & Fluoride), Herbicides, Pharmaceuticals and Petroleum based Products.
The Berkey Earth™ Filter Element has been successfully tested for reduction of the following biological contaminants: Bacillus atrophaeus, Coliform Bacteria & Fecal Coliform bacteria, E-coli bacteria and the Salmonella bacteria.
The Berkey Earth™ Filter elements last up to three years before requiring replacement whereas competing brands must be replaced every six months to one year, depending on brand. This makes Berkey Earth™ Filter Elements virtually the most economical water filtration elements available and the ideal replacement element as they fit any other brand of standard sized gravity fed filter system.
The Berkey Earth™ Filter Elements can be used as a less expensive yet more powerful replacement element for most other brands of gravity fed water filter systems from 1.5 gallons and larger.