Blemished Big Berkey Water Filter (2.25 gal) (Limit one unit per order)
Blemished Big Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price
The versatile Big Berkey System is ideal for small to medium-sized families and for during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 elements
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 llbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as the water level declines.
Don’t know how we lived without our Berkey! It tastes so clean and clear and my kids are drinking so much more water now that we are using the Berkey system.
This was easy to assemble and it’s so convenient. We feel confident that we are drinking water without all the contaminants. So glad we made this purchase.
Son uses this at college and the Water quality and taste vastly improved versus what comes directly from the tap (municipal water source). Also, own a Royal Berkey for our home (family of 5). Coincidently, Entire household consuming more water than before Berkey ownership (including son at college using the big Berkey)
We got our Berkey about a month ago and we use it for everything! Drinking and cooking our food with it and we love the taste and purity of this water! It was easy to set up as well!!
I was so excited to get the Berkey system, and it was easy to assemble and is easy to use. The only problem is I hate the taste of the water! I have tried putting several batches through the filter to see if that makes a difference, but it still tastes bad to me. I used to have a Zero Water filter, and the water tasted so good, but this does not taste good to me. If you have suggestions for me, I'd love to try something to make it taste better.
The water is crystal clear. You can actually taste the difference!
I moved to an area where county water isn't available and the only water was through a catchment system. I knew of UV disinfection systems and their faults when the recommended PPM requirements aren't met. I think it's called shadowing. When the water passing the UV light has particles that may cast a shadow on a bacteria causing the bacteria to pass into the water system. Something like that. I never got a UV filter. I put together a drinking water system that has an enclosed 2500 gallon tank and a dedicated pump and piping to the kitchen sink. This tank is filled with county water that is trucked in. Well fast forward to today, I have a cabin in a catchment area and this Berkey is perfect!
They love their Berkey! It is saving them a lot of money as they used only bottled water to drink. They have noticed a difference in the taste of their coffee too. All in all they are very pleased.
A friend recommended this water filtration system and after we were under a boil water order for a few days I decided to purchase one. I was not disappointed! The food dye test was a complete game changer for me!!! The water is so fresh and crisp and my entire family is drinking more water because it is so good and we know it is clean! I used it for a few weeks and gave it to my youngest daughter and bought a larger one for myself….and another for my other daughter!! I try to take my own water with me whenever I can! A great investment to know your family is drinking truly clean water! Highly recommend. Don’t forget to purchase the glass view water spigot. It is a must to see when the water level needs to be refilled. Trust me, you will drink more water than you ever did before and having the glass spigot allows you to see when you need to refill so you are never out if clean water.
This is the BEST tasting water I have ever had! So refreshing, super clean, and totally hydrating!!! So easy to set up and maintain, haven’t cleaned the filters yet though, still new…this has to be one of the best purchases I have ever made! I LOVE my Big Berkey and would recommend it to anyone caring about the quality of their drinking water!!!