Blemished Big Berkey Water Filter (2.25 gal) (Limit one unit per order)
Blemished Big Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($58 Off)
The versatile Big Berkey System is ideal for small to medium-sized families and for during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 elements
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 llbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
*Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
Best money I have ever spent
We love our Berkey. It's me my girlfriend and our dog and the 2.5 gallon is perfect. The water quality is incomparable, turns our gross big city water into delicious refreshing H2O that rivals anything bottled. Thanks Berkey!
I absolutely love drinking water now! I’ve been dehydrated several times due to not drinking enough water. The water in my town does not taste or smell good to me. I was buying bottled water and using a faucet filter until my daughter told me about the Big Berkey. I’m so very pleased with this purchase. When my other daughter came to visit she became hooked on the water as well. We filled up jugs and bottles of water for her to take back home. Thank you for this amazing product!
Hands down, for the sheer number of harmful pathogens and metals and organic/inorganic compounds that it filters, the Berkey is a godsend. It's not that expensive when you consider that you can go more than year easily before having to replace the filters. I don't have a TDS meter so I cant confirm that the water is as clean as advertised but the Berkey's reputation are so far enough for me. The rate of filtration is fast and the filters themselves seem more heavy-duty than your Brita or Pur varieties. If you can't go the under-the-sink RO route, the Berkey is your best best.
I really don’t like the taste of the water I have all of the filters and it still tastes bad.