Blemished Big Berkey Water Filter (2.25 gal) (Limit one unit per order)
Blemished Big Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($58 Off)
The versatile Big Berkey System is ideal for small to medium-sized families and for during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 elements
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 llbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
*Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
I live in a town where they say the water is good to drink, but is it really? Every other week it smells like chlorine. I have a familly of 10 and usually spend twenty to thirty dollars a week just on water jugs and bottles.I've been trying to purchase a Berkey since last spring(2020), I'm sure you all know how that went. Not good. I would go on the site daily and they were not taking any more orders because of the pandemic. I continued to go on the site and all the larger Berkeys were always sold out. Finally, a little over a month ago I settled for a Big Berkey. I thought at least it's something. LOL! Eventhough I fill it A LOT, we all love it! I am hoping to purchase the well needed Crown Berkey before the summer time when we tend to drink even more water than we are now. Thank you, it's saving us alot of money and it tastes great!
I use the big Berkey at our cabin and the travel size at home. They work great! The water tastes great, and it removes all the well water taste/smell and rust at the cabin and the fluoride and heavy metals from our metro (River) water at home. Well worth it! Even our dog prefers it. 😆
Bought my Big Berkey about a month ago and couldn't be happier so far. We live in Texas and we just got through the freeze over where the water and power was shut off for millions of people. Berkey came in clutch big time, we didn't have to boil any water and we were able to keep my immediate family and other family members fully serviced with extremely clean water. So far, nothing but high praise from my family.
I'm hooked. It's obviously a fine filter for very healthy water, but the thing is, it tastes great. Seriously, I just avoid drinking other water as much as I can.
I had a Travel Berkey but I found I was filling it up daily.. (using a total of 4 filters). So, I gave that to a friend who wanted the smaller one and ordered a BB for me. I use 4 filters in that also. Works speedy enough, and I have to fill it less frequently.
I highly recommend one also gets the stand and the glass spout for ease of use and level-monitoring.
I’m soo happy I purchased this Berkey water filter! I’m mainly using tap water into the Berkey, and now I feel better and safer drinking the water - it makes it taste clean and clear! And less plastic waste.