Blemished Big Berkey Water Filter (2.25 gal) (Limit one unit per order)
Blemished Big Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price
The versatile Big Berkey System is ideal for small to medium-sized families and for during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 elements
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 llbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as the water level declines.
My husband and I are so pleased with this water filter. The water always comes out crystal clear and tastes so clean. No mineral or chlorine taste whatsoever! We are very happy with this purchase.
We have used the Big Berkey for a month and have been happy with our purchase. The size works well for two people. It does have a slight rubber taste from the two plugs but it is less noticeable after 30 days. Our city’s water supply comes from a lake and it has a fishy taste and smell but the Berkey removes it perfectly.
Great tasting water. Hydration is no longer a hassle. Added benefit no more 2.5 gallon plastic jugs! At 68 years old this product is a life saver.
I purchased the Berkey as part of my emergency prepping “kit” which I hope I never have to use in that capacity. However, we did assemble it and tried it with our extremely hard well water and it was clean and refreshing. I dried the inside and allowed the filters to dry as much as possible and then put it away. Hopefully it’s not contaminated but if it filters swamp water, I don’t see what I did being a problem. If an emergency, I will gladly take my chances drinking “contaminated” water than not having any water.
Ordered the Berkey and we have been happy with it so far. It removes food coloring, that yucky fridge water taste, and is easy for the kids to use. My only sadness is that the fluoride filters were out of stock and I’m still looking forward to ordering those.
love the test of the water
We haven't tried it yet, as we will be storing it for future use and didn't want to risk any contamination. It looks vey well-made and has good instructions. We bought it for emergency use.
Glad to have it with the unknown elements in the water these days. Water supply in the KC area is the river and or runoff from fertilized fields. The Berky gives me a sense of security when I drink water. Thanks
Extremely happy with our new Berkley filter system....the water tastes great and easy to use. Bought one for our daughter as a house warming gift...Don't tell anyone.