Blemished Crown Berkey Water Filter (6 gal)
Blemished Crown Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($72 Off)
The Crown Berkey System is our largest model and is ideal for large groups at home, churches, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratches on the stainless steel canister(s) only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4, 6, or 8 elements
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 20" in height
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 6 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 30"
- Diameter: 11"
- Weight: 12 lbs empty
- Serves: 6-12 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey System can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey System can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 8 PF-2 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Our Crown Berkey, which the kids refer to as the "Tower of Purity Security", delivers daily hydration for our family of five, our pets, our indoor garden of vegetable seedlings and culinary herbs, AND supplies us with plenty of clean water for cooking. It's a beautiful water vessel in our tiny kitchen that reminds us with each drop how fortunate we are that our water is clean. We enjoy tremendous peace of mind knowing our Berkey filters can provide water that is 75% glyphosate free and up to 99.9% free from toxins, carcinogens, viruses, bacteria, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides and other threats that may be invisibly present in water. This sophisticated water filtration system has become a kitchen essential in our home, and a worthy investment in our family's health as we strive to reduce the toxic load.. Proud to own a Berkey !!
This 6 gallon filter system has been a blessing and a relief from all the plastic container jugs we were constantly buying and handling including disposal. The reviews that say the sight glass option (helps see the level of filling) leaks were probably just overfilling the water level and leakage was from the overflow hole on the top of the tube, thus causing water to run down the outside of the tube and appearing to come from the threads of the spigot. I know because I did just that and figured it out by simple observation. I chose the stand to set the Berky above the countertop and dispense over the sink to facilitate filling taller containers. The 6 gallon model is worth the extra dollars because we don't have to fill it as often. In less than one year the Berky will have paid for itself compared to bottled water that was no more than a chlorine reduced version of processed city water.
We gave these as gifts to our kids and they love them. Great product!
We have had our Crown Berkey just a little over a month and we love it and would recommend it to all! It is delicious!