Blemished Imperial Berkey Water Filter (4.5 gal)
Blemished Imperial Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($67 Off)
The versatile Imperial Berkey System is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 or 6 elements
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 17" in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4 or 6), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 4 blocking plugs, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26"
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- Diameter: 10"
- Serves: 4-8 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements, Imperial Berkey System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
* Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
We love our Berkey. My 11 year old was able to assemble it for us. We love how good the water tastes and it's better for the environment than all those water bottles people think they need to buy for clean water.
Relatively easy to set up and get working. Don't drink the first container of filtered water. Probably ok but tastes...off. Water produced by this unit has a clean, polished taste. We're using water out of the tap with lots of chlorine in it and there is no chlorine taste or smell in purified water.
We have the 4.5 gal system using 4 black filters, so it produces water quickly. The only complaint is that it states it will hold 4.5 gal but 3.5 gal fills it up, so maybe they sent us the wrong unit. The rating is for purification function. Would give one star less for the capacity discrepancy, but what the heck.
Berkey was recommended to me by my daughter. I was filling my 2 qt filtered pitcher 4 to 5 times a day. Love the Berkey but wish it had a viewing window to prevent overfilling.
This Berkey water filter is in no way functionally different from unblemished filters. Operations is the same and warranty is the same. Cost is spot on for the product received.
I purchased this Berkey water filter for emergencies. It doesn't get much use right now, but when the power goes out and the water pump doesn't work then my shallow dug well and the Berkey filter will be worth it's weight in gold.