Blemished Imperial Berkey Water Filter (4.5 gal)
Blemished Imperial Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($67 Off)
The versatile Imperial Berkey System is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded to 4 or 6 elements
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 17" in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4 or 6), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 4 blocking plugs, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26"
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- Diameter: 10"
- Serves: 4-8 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements, Imperial Berkey System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
* Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
I purchased this Berkey water filter for emergencies. It doesn't get much use right now, but when the power goes out and the water pump doesn't work then my shallow dug well and the Berkey filter will be worth it's weight in gold.
We use this for our well water. We have a whole house filter with a softener, but with the berkey, we are able to filter out everything and the water tastes great. My only complaint is that we do not know when we will hit the 6000 gallon point with our filters. There is no way of knowing this unless you keep count of how many times you refill. Still also wondering if it chelates silver in the water, but cannot seem to get an answer on that.
Have had under sink reverse osmosis systems and have had home delivery of 5 gal bottles through a water supplier neither of which met my expectations for purity. The Berkey puts water back in your control. Excellent tasting and excellent purity. Easy to use.
We have good well water but concerned we might get some pollution, we bought the filter to make sure we were drinking good water. Love the filtered water. Two of us in the home most of the time and we got the 4.5 gallon filter, I would recommend this size as we are drinking more water and it needs to be filled frequently. For a family go bigger.