Blemished Travel Berkey Water Filter (1.5 gal)
Blemished Travel Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($50 Off)
The compact Travel Berkey System is the perfect system for traveling (fits comfortably in most carry on or larger suitcases), outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies.
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height
- Maximum filters: 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- The system includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18"
- Diameter: 7.5"
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- Serves: 1 to 3 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey System can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
*Blemished systems may not be shipped in original packaging.
I love my travel berkey! it was a little challenging to set up, but i found a video on youtube that was great. I suggest the berkey company post a set up instruction video on their website! the water is so delicious, I am thrilled with my berkey!
Had been researching filters/purifiers and wanting to purchase one. Although the water in my area is good, I still wanted the added layer of protection and the flexibility of traveling with it, if needed. I have limited space and was originally concerned with where it could live on a daily basis but it fits perfectly on the counter, at the corner of my sink.
I had challenges priming the filters initially because of my new faucet so I improvised and used a water bottle that fit the washer. By squeezing the bottle, I was able to force the water through and prime the filters. It was much easier and less messy than trying to make the faucet fit.
At the end of the day, the filter does exactly what I bought it for and I'm very happy. The priming process is a little cumbersome since the adapter does not fit my faucet and there is also a suction issue causing the water to pour out at a very low pace. So I have to lift the upper chamber to have propper water flow. But it's great. I have just one other person living with me so it's a good size.
The size is just right for a single person or a traveler. I'm amazed at how good clean water tastes. I've been exposed to The Berkey before (most of my family has one and several of my friends and yet I've never really sat and thought about how water tastes. Now I know and will never go back to 'regular' water. I actually enjoy just sipping water from 'My Berkey' and enjoying the clear, clean taste. Don't wait, just order it and get ready for a new experience and enjoying drinking good clean water. You owe it to yourself and your friends/family to experience this. It is amazing.