Blemished Travel Berkey Water Filter (1.5 gal)
Blemished Travel Berkey Systems: Same Great Performance at Special Price($50 Off)
The compact Travel Berkey System is the perfect system for traveling (fits comfortably in most carry on or larger suitcases), outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies.
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements that have made Berkey Water Filter the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects.
However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Black Berkey Purification Elements are the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as is - no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height
- Maximum filters: 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- The system includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18"
- Diameter: 7.5"
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- Serves: 1 to 3 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey System can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
*Blemished systems may not be shipped in original packaging.
For a single person or just a couple the Berkey travel is perfect for more travel use. Recently after having my Berkey for several months I went to the dentist and was asked to rinse with they are playing tapwater. It was like drinking swimming pool water. I was shocked at the quality of water I had been drinking all the years.
For just one or two people to Berkey travel with it’s two black filters gives 3 to 6000 days of absolutely amazing drinking water. My pit bulls are now spoiled on what good drinking water really is. I feel safer knowing we all are drinking if you are chemicals.
I only wish I had bought a bigger one, and will. When the 10 kids and 8 grandkids come over on the weekends they love it too. I have to store up extra just so I can be sure to get some good 99.9% clean water. Thanks Berkley!!!!!
We survived the CampFire in Paradise but our home and the town's water supply did not.
It is so reassuring to know that the Berkey filtered water is safe.
The size fits well in our motorhome where we will be living until we rebuild.
We have lived in our home for over 30 years and have never had good water. We live on an island and have well water. Our well is very shallow so our water has lots of tannin in it and varies from yellow to brown. We have been refilling gallon containers with water from machines to use for coffee, drinking etc. We also have an RV and don't like using the water in RV/State parks. The Berkey has been awesome!! We take it with us when we travel and use it at home as well. Why didn't I hear about this sooner?? Thank you all so much!! Love it!
I've had my travel filter in use for about 4 weeks. The water tastes better and I'm glad to have something that is simple to use now that it is together and easy to clean.
Here are the hassles I've experienced:
* I ordered the travel size and it holds 1.5 gallons. Totally okay for a one person household, including cooking. Had I realized that the fluoride filters would go in the lower cavity where the filtered water waits to be dispensed, I would have gotten a bigger size. It wasn't obvious to me that the lower chamber would hold less water. It has overflowed, which is avoidable once you know what's going on.
* Set up was simple, if not a bit of a hassle for this not so mechanical person. Priming the filters took two tries. I spent an hour and half before it was really good to go, and threw out several gallons of water.
* 3.5 weeks later, it was leaking. I called to ask for help and was directed to fill out a warranty claim. Apparently the spigot wasn't tight enough. Easy enough fix. But the friendly customer service process was very confusing. I'm still not sure what company did which action to help me. It was very unclear.
* In order to promote even wear of the filters the upper tank is supposed to be filled fully each time. This can be tricky b/c if there's filtered water in the lower chamber, it can overflow. How to have enough water ready to go for use and fill the upper tank enough to get even use of the filters? I think the lower chamber should actually be a bit bigger to accommodate this.
* It's a good enough looking set up, and it does take space, obviously.
In my mind pros of less waster than buying water or reverse osmosis win, and I'm happy to have my Berkey. Maybe I should have gotten the next bigger size, but all in all I'm impressed with what the system does!