Black Berkey Primer
- A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey® Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey® Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey®primer also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey® Purification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey® Primer
- Store in a cool, dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Black Berkey Primer™ is 100% manufactured & assembled in the USA
I tried the experiment filling the top tank with red dye and it worked. The filtered water was perfectly clear! My only hesitation is that the filter doesn’t get rid of a white powdery substance that settles at the bottom of my tea pot when the filtered water is boiled. I believe it is limestone sediment but it would be nice if the filter removed it. It only settles when the water is brought to a boil otherwise the water is clear.
The first year we had to prime using the little "donut" under a faucet and I got tired of taking a shower bath every time! Purchased the primer and once I figured out how to use it, things are good. I have two of the Big Berkeys and now 2 of the primers - took a while to figure out how to reverse the flow (prime vs flush out) but that might be my shortcoming. I have a camp and I know the Berkey is key to clean water because it does require much more frequent backflusing using the water up there than it does with my home water. I wouldn't be without either of them!
The primer is useful in some situations, but with our particular sink, it is easier to use the foam washer rather than the primer. However we have another place that I think the primer will work better in so I’m glad we got it.
Love the big berky
Got stand also perfect and primer makes me feel safer when drinks water
I have not used it yet but bought it because the primer method was cumbersome. Even though I purchased my Berkey about 10 years ago I just started using it when the water in my new apartment had a bad taste so out came the Berkey and it took care of the problem so I have a ways to go before I use the primer.