Black Berkey Primer
- A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey® Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey® Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey®primer also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey® Purification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey® Primer
- Store in a cool, dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Black Berkey Primer™ is 100% manufactured & assembled in the USA
Glad I got the primer ... made replacing my old filters with the new ones so much faster! Thank you! Love my Berkey!
I first heard about Berkey about 15 years ago. Kept putting it off. Hey, it's expensive (at first) . Finally bought it in January (or February?) and struggled with understanding the (simple) assembly instructions (A stroke affected my confidence). Filled it. Tasted the water. Wow. I haven't even added the fluoride filter yet, but the water is good. Just good. The way water should be. And usually isn't these days.
It made it so much easier to prime the filters. It should come with the berkey filter system. Using what was given yo prime with did not work. So it was several week before I was able to prime the filters. I did once I received the primer. Thanks. Love the system and knowing that the water we are drinking is safer.
Since we were happy with our own Big Berkey, we knew what to get Grandma - a BB, the sight glass spigot, and the priming pump. We also knew to really tighten down the nut on the spigot about a half-turn more than they recommend so it does not leak when you pull on the lever to draw water. The rubber gasket is VERY soft, and when you draw water, you will see the top of the sight tube lean away from the tank even when quite tight. Don't panic - it still seems to work fine. Just remember when refilling the upper tank to subtract how much water depth you can see in the sight glass from the amount of water you put into the top tank. Any more and you might have a puddle on the floor a few hours later!
We ONLY drink from Berkey. We don't drink ANY water from any other source.