Black Berkey Primer
- A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey® Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey® Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey®primer also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey® Purification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey® Primer
- Store in a cool, dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Black Berkey Primer™ is 100% manufactured & assembled in the USA
More from this collection
If you don't have a fixed faucet head that can direct a steady stream of water, you need to buy the primer, not only for
the initial set-up, but for periodic purges of the filters. Pretty simple to use, although I find that the bulb becomes deflated when priming the filters and it's hard to squeeze water through it. That might be operator-error, but it does work eventually. I'm very glad I purchased this and love my Big Berkey!
I use it around filter and spigot washers to prevent anaerobic bacteria build up. Does not affect taste
We did not have the Berkey Primer the first time we primed the filters. When we got new filters we also purchased the Primer and it made a world of difference. It was well worth it the price.
Was very glad I purchased the primer. The process was simple and I really can't imagine having to prime the filters or purge them without the Berkey Primer. Highly recommend with purchase of the purifier.