Berkey BioFilm Drops
The Berkey

Berkey BioFilm Drops - Extend The Shelf Life of Water

Sale price $ 35.00 Regular price $ 41.00

Berkey BioFilm Drops have been scientifically engineered to defend biofilm formation in ceramic water filters, carbon (charcoal) filters, and water storage containers.

Use Berkey Biofilm Drops to extend the shelf life of water stored for up to 5 years. Using Berkey Biofilm Drops eliminates the need to rotate your stored water every 6 months and keeps your water fresh, tasting, and odor free.

You can test for residual ions in the stored water using the test kit enclosed with the drops. Berkey Biofilm Drops are a scientifically engineered and patented Copper-Silver ion solution that is safe and user-friendly.

With 10 + years of development and testing behind the technology, Berkey Biofilm Drops are designed as a pre-treatment to defend against microbiological growth and control biofilm buildup in filters and water storage containers.

Berkey Biofilm Drops may be used with any type of filter media and work especially well with the Black Berkey purification elements.

Biofilm is a substance that forms readily in water filters, water distribution lines, water storage tanks, and any other aqueous environments. Biofilms form when bacteria begin to excrete a slimy, sticky substance that allows them to adhere to surfaces.

The biofilm mass can consist of multiple species of bacteria and may include fungi, algae, and protozoa. Various scientific studies have demonstrated that up to 99% of bacteria do not actually live in the water; they live in the bio-film (a living environment and culture medium for bacteria), leaving only 1% of bacteria that actually live in the water.

It is only these free-floating bacteria that are destroyed with traditional sanitizers such as chlorine and bromine.

Berkey Biofilm Drops work by incorporating multiple barrier processes for inhibiting the growth and regrowth of biofilms, utilizing natural mineral ions of copper and silver in an ion technology along with other additives and complexants to synergistically aid in the control and precipitation of calcium, iron, minerals and scale where biofilm bacteria attach, form, feed, and breed.

Berkey Biofilm Drops are simple to use and specially formulated for use in harvested rainwater containers, long-term storage water containers, and for use in emergency preparedness and disaster relief.

  • Treats 330 Gallons
  • Extends the time between element cleanings
  • May be used with any type of filter media but works best with Black Berkey Purification elements
  • Berkey Biofilm Drops are used for storing and maintaining pure freshwater
  • Scientifically engineered and patented  Copper-Silver Ion solution in defense of biofilm-related bacteria in ceramic water filters, carbon (charcoal filters), and water storage containers
  • Specially formulated for use in harvested rainwater containers, long-term storage water containers, and use in emergency preparedness and disaster relief
  • May be used with any type of filter media but works best with Black Berkey Purification elements
  • Extends the shelf life of water being stored for up to 5 years
  • Eliminates the need to rotate stored water every six months and keeps your water fresh-tasting and odor-free
  • Simple and easy to use
  • Claims are based on independent testing and peer-reviewed scientific research and have not been reviewed or evaluated or approved by the EPA

 Berkey Water Filter Systems:

Travel Berkey Water Filter - 1.5 Gallons
Big Berkey Water Filter - 2.25 Gallons
Berkey Light Water Filter - 2.75 Gallons
Royal Berkey Water Filter - 3.25 Gallons

Adding Berkey BioFilm Drops to your Berkey water filter system will help keep your water clean and fresh for years to come.

It is a good idea to test the water first to ensure it is clean and free of contaminants. These drops also keep the water aerated to prevent algae and slime from growing in the tank.

Berkey BioFilm Drops are a patented solution incorporating multiple barrier processes to keep the water aerated and clean. These drops also help preserve the Black Berkey elements by preventing biofilm's potential growth within the element media, which will prolong the life of your elements.

The operating principles of Berkey Biofilm Drops™ are cutting-edge technology compared to that applied by traditional agents. The traditional use of sanitizing agents has been employed to destroy bacteria in the water. However, various scientific studies have demonstrated that up to 99% of bacteria do not live in the water, but they live in the bio-film (a living environment and culture medium for bacteria). Leaving only 1% of bacteria that actually live in the water. Traditional sanitizers such as chlorine and bromine destroy only these free-floating bacteria.

Berkey BioFilm Drops come in two fl oz containers. Each container treats a total of 330 gallons of water. 

Berkey BioFilm Drops also have several other features, including a micro-filter to prevent scale buildup and a test kit to check if you have residual ions in your water.

Specially formulated for use in harvested rainwater containers, long-term storage water containers, and in emergency preparedness and disaster relief. Berkey BioFilm Drops maintain purity and fresh-tasting water.

Customer Reviews

Based on 3 reviews
100%
(3)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
C
Chyna Faerie (Columbus, US)
Biofilm Drops

I purchased these biofilm drops approx 3 months ago and am looking forward to using them for longer term water storage.

I haven’t yet set up my Berkey yet because I’m still waiting for the arsenic-fluoride filters to be in stock.
According to most recent Berkey notice, the dealership from whom I purchased my Berkey, and Berkey assessories will soon have the arsenic-fluoride filters. Yay & hurray.

As soon as they become available for purchase, I will order and set up my Berkey system.

After using the Berkey filtered water for approx week, I will be in a better condition to correctly assess the benefits.

Which, of course, I anticipate will inspire a rave review on my part.

My, how I am learning the virtue of practicing “patience”. Lolol 🧚‍♀️

S
Sheila Bourne (Las Vegas, US)
I received the drops

I received the drops and everything was packaged well.

M
Mara Olivetta
Perfect high quality quality products

Great!