Travel Berkey Water Filter - 1.5 Gallons
The Travel Berkey water filter is simply a compacted system that is excellent to use during travel and any other outdoor activities or unexpected emergencies. This is perfect for small homes or RVs with the little counter top!
- The compact Travel Berkey system is the perfect system for small homes and apartments, travel (fits in most suitcases), outdoor activities or unexpected emergencies.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons.
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height.
- Maximum fliters: 2 Black Berkey Elements (in upper chamber).
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base.
- Height when in use: 18".
- Diameter: 7.5".
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty.
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people.
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency.
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey system can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour.
This system comes standard with the following:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- Stainless steel lid
- Standard spigot
- Rubber Gasket to protect the base
Considering that Travel Berkey water filter may be the smallest filter, its effectiveness in purifying drinking/tap water is completely equal. Its performance specification will surely meet from the required classification.
This system seriously removes hundreds of contaminants: Bacteria and parasites, heavy metals like lead and mercury, VOCs and toxic chemicals like benzene, chlorine and chromium-6, pesticides, pharmaceutical drugs and more, to levels higher than 99.99%. It is portable.
We take ours on vacation with us; we will never have to worry about not having clean drinking water. This thing will even filter pond water!For your health, your convenience, and your pleasure, get a Berkey!
More About the Travel Berkey:
|Capacity||1.5 Gallons (5.7 Liters)|
|Filter Capacity||Up to 2 Black Berkey (upper) + 2 Fluoride Filters (lower)|
|Flow Rate||Maximum Filtration Rate can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour|
|Height||6.13 lbs (if empty)|
|Portability||The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 12” in height|
|Height||19" (Includes lid and knob)|
1 - 3 People (for normal everyday use). System can serve up to 33-66 people a day (during an emergency)
|Weight||6.13 lbs (if empty)|
Up to two PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction, Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcycohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
See the complete list of contaminants that Berkey Water filter reduced/removed and Laboratory Testing Results of our filters.
***Does not ship to Iowa.
Size Doesn’t Matter – Travel Berkey.
Water serves as an important component of our daily lives, we do so many things with it, and without its presence, there would be tasks and important matters that won’t work well and can’t be done.
You might be living in places abundant with water, but the problem is not limited only to the amount but also to its cleanliness and safeness for consumption.
People who are unaware of the possible effects of consuming contaminated water won’t really worry much about certain peculiarities on their tap; smell, texture or slight discoloration are actually signs of contamination.
The toxins and pathogens present in untreated water may bring you more risk than the benefit of consuming it; even treated water sometimes has harmful sediments left.
We consume water several times every day, thus, water consumption does not only take place at home.
Sometimes we travel out with our family, go on picnics and camping; when we are out in these moments, what do we have to protect us from consuming contaminated water in the area?
At home or out in the wild, it is advisable to have enough clean water to consume; Why would there be a need for clean water? How would it be possible?
The Importance of Clean Water
Water source is everywhere, supplied or naturally existed; none are safe for immediate consumption.
Water as a hydrating matter is very important to our body, what we intake may live sediments and substances behind.
If you think that to be hydrated is all that matters, then you have misunderstood the real essence of water for our health.
Water is considered to be a cleansing agent on our body, we intake it to clean the toxins and unwanted substances left by the food we ate.
Since it is a cleansing agent, it is expected to minimize the existing toxins in our body; but what would happen if the water itself is full of toxins?
As you gulp into contaminated water, everything that goes with it will end up inside of you and might cause complications and illnesses.
If you think clean water is not an issue since you have clear water, then you must know that not all harmful substances are visibly seen; bacteria, pathogens, fecal matters, and hazardous chemicals are only a few of the many toxins that are not visible to the naked eye.
The impact of drinking contaminated water may vary from less to severe depending on several aspects; the volume of intake, level of contamination, type of contaminants, the duration that you’ve been consuming contaminated water, and the health status and age of the person.
Contaminants in water range from typical dirt to hazardous matters, to name a few; E.coli, Nitrates, total Coliforms, nitrates, bacteria, herbicides, and pesticide.
How to Diminish Water Contaminants
The popularity of waterborne diseases have been existing for decades, and with all those years passed, many technologies and methods were created as a possible solution for treating contaminated water.
However, if you are aiming to solve the problem with a limited space, always busy, or if you are out to travel, Travel Berkey Water Filter might come handy to you.
Our Berkey Water Filters are capable of cleaning 99.9% of toxins and unwanted sediments including bacteria and metals on your water, despite being smaller in size, it could surpass the cleaning ability of another water filter on the market.
It is very easy to use and does not require much of effort when treating your water, it is also portable and could be placed anywhere you desire.
This particular water filter was designed to cater to the needs of those who love to explore and travel from one destination to another. Moreover, to people who also lives in a portable kind of lifestyle (e.g living in an RV)
What are the Features of the Travel Berkey Water Filter?
The Design and Its Components
The Travel Berkey Water Filter is designed with a well-constructed, highly polished 304 stainless steel for both the upper and lower chambers. In addition to that, it also comes with a complete package essential kit containing:
- 2 Black Berkey purification elements
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- Stainless Steel lid
- Standard Spigot and;
- Rubber Gasket to protect the base of the Travel Berkey
The Travel Berkey Water Filter system has the capacity to filter 1.5 gallons (5.7 Liters) of water per hour. In addition, it can serve reliable and drinkable water to up to 1-3 person/son a normal and regular usage. However, in case of any problems regarding water supply, the Travel Berkey has got your back since it can serve water to up to 33-66 people in a day.
Even though, that the Travel Berkey water filter is considered to be the smallest water filter system, aside from the Go Berkey, its ability to purify and filter water is still as competent and reliable as the other Berkey water filtration systems. You can still guarantee yourself that this small water filter can still bring you huge, outstanding results when it comes to providing you with safe and drinkable water.
How is it Reliable?
The Travel Berkey Water Filter is capable of removing 99.99% of water pollutants and contaminants that are in the mix. This includes protozoans, bacteria, toxic chemicals (e.g Benzene, Chlorine and Chromium-6), parasites, pesticides and pharmaceutical drugs. Furthermore, it can also remove heavy metals such as mercury and lead. Not only that, but it can also reduce the amount of fluoride and arsenic elements that is found in the water through the PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction elements.
So, for those who enjoy exploring places and those who enjoys a small living lifestyle, the Travel Berkey will be the most suitable and convenient for you. Especially, for outdoor escapades and camping activities, with the Travel Berkey Water Filter, you need not to worry any more about having access to a safe, drinkable and healthy water.
The Travel Berkey Water Filter can purify and filter any water that comes from different sources. Of course, if you are on a camping trip with friends and family, most likely you will enjoy the presence of rivers, lakes, streams, ponds and all the like. With the Travel Berkey Water Filter, you can no longer be worried about having a sufficient supply of water. Because, with the Travel Berkey Water Filter, you can just get the water you need from any of the water sources available, and leave the purification and filtration process with the Travel Berkey. The Travel Berkey Water Filter will be the one in-charge to providing your friends, family and yourself the best tasting, high quality drinkable water there is.
You can enjoy your outdoor activities at full blast while staying hydrated all throughout the day.
Purification AND Filtration
If you noticed, the Travel Berkey Water Filter is considered as a water system that can both purify and filter water. Yes, you read that correctly and that is indeed correct and proven. Through the help of its Black Berkey Purification elements, it reached a higher level of efficiency that made it strong and reliable to filter contaminants and pollutants from water.
There is a bar set in order to be classified as a purification water system and that is to be able to remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. Well, for the Travel Berkey, and all other Berkey Water systems, with the help of the Black Berkey Purification Elements, which are the core feature of all the Berkey water systems, it can remove 99.9999999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses. Those numbers have exceeded the average standards. Hence, it is now not only considered to be a filtration machine, but also a purifier.
So, with that, you get to have the best of both world with only a price of one. This amazing function is not only limited to the Travel Berkey Water Filter, but all the Berkey Water Filtration systems available.
More Information about the Travel Berkey Filtration System
How do you know when to change the filters?
For every 6000 gallons filtered by the Black Berkey Purification elements, that is the right time to change them. However, it is sometimes difficult and time consuming to go and figure out if you have already reached the 6000 gallon limit. So, the other way that makes this process a little bit more convenient is the Red Food Coloring Test.
What is the Red Food Coloring Test?
The Red Food Coloring Test is a standard procedure to do in order to see and determine if your water filters are effectively working or not. You can perform this right after purchasing the product and every after reaching the limit of filtered water by your chosen Berkey Water filtration system. This test only works for the Black Berkey Purification elements alone, and not other filter elements in that matter.
In order to proceed with this test, you must have an artificial Red Food Coloring that uses reds FD&C 40 and/or 3. There are other kinds of food coloring in the market, but this specific food coloring is the best recommended one in order to determine the accuracy of your Black Berkey Purification elements. For the reason that, there are other food coloring products that are highly safe for consumption, but passes through the Berkey filters easily. So, you might think that your filters are defected, but as a matter of fact, they are not.
How do you perform the Red Food Coloring Test?
The red food coloring test is composed of simple and easy steps. Just follow the following instructions below:
- First, start out with emptying your upper or lower chamber. Also, remove the PF-2 filters if there are any installed.
- Next, in the lower chamber, place an empty and clean glass under each Black Berkey Purification Element.
- Now, fill up the upper chamber with water.
- For every one gallon of water, put in 1 teaspoon of red food coloring. So, if you poured 2 gallons of water, put 2 teaspoons of red food coloring as well.
- Leave it there for about 5-10 minutes.
- After, check and see if the both or either of the glasses contains any red or pinkish mixture. If it is clear, then the Black Berkey elements are working or is still okay, if there both or any of the glass has red or pinkish mixture then it must be both or the respective filter element is defected (if purchased newly) or needs replacement already (if already owned).
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filtersbuy berkey water | replacement water filters | big berkey reviews | portable water filter system | sport berkey |
More from this collection
Love this. Ease of use. Absolutely great tasting clean Water!!!
I love this purifier and highly recommend this filtration system. The water tastes "clean" as my son said after trying it. So nice to have an unlimited supply of clean water available. No more lugging heavy loads of bottled water from the store into the house, taking up storage space. Thank you, Berkey!
The Berkey travel filter has been good but it is VERY slow to filter water. There are two of us here and our dog and I fill it before I go to bed. It says it holds 1.5 gallons but I’ve yet to get one full gallon out of it yet and we’ve been using it a good month now. Other than that, no complaints! Fast shipping, easy set-up, good, clean water.
The filter was a gift for my daughter Kathryn. He family had to move to an Army Base that I read had poor water quality
It meets my needs and I can take it with me when I travel.