Travel Berkey Water Filter - 1.5 Gallons
- The compact Travel Berkey system is the perfect system for small homes and apartments, travel (fits in most suitcases), outdoor activities or unexpected emergencies.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons.
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height.
- Maximum fliters: 2 Black Berkey Elements (in upper chamber).
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base.
- Height when in use: 18".
- Diameter: 7.5".
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty.
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people.
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency.
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey system can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour.
- Up to two PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcycohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
See the Laboratory Testing Results of our filters.
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
*Due to state regulations, we are currently not shipping this product to Iowa.
Size Doesn’t Matter – Travel Berkey.
Water serves as an important component of our daily lives, we do so many things with it, and without its presence there would be tasks and important matters that won’t work well and can’t be done.
You might be living on places abundant with water, but the problem is not limited only to the amount but also to its cleanliness and safeness for consumption.
People who are unaware of the possible effects of consuming contaminated water won’t really worry much about certain peculiarities on their tap; smell, texture, or slight discoloration are actually signs of contamination.
The toxins and pathogens present on untreated water may bring you more risk than the benefit of consuming it; even treated water sometimes has harmful sediments left.
We consume water several times every day, thus, water consumption does not only take place at home.
Sometimes we travel out with our family, go on picnics and camping; when we are out on these moments, what do we have to protect us from consuming contaminated water in the area?
At home or out on the wild, it is advisable to have enough clean water to consume; Why would there be a need for clean water? How would it be possible?
The Importance of Clean Water
Water source is everywhere, supplied or naturally existed; none are safe for immediate consumption.
Water as a hydrating matter is very important to our body, what we intake may live sediments and substances behind.
If you think that to be hydrated is all that matters, then you have misunderstood the real essence of water for our health.
Water is considered to be a cleansing agent on our body, we intake it to clean the toxins and unwanted substances left by the food we ate.
Since it is a cleansing agent, it is expected to minimize the existing toxins on our body; but what would happen if the water itself is full of toxins?
As you gulp into contaminated water, everything that goes with it will end up inside of you and might cause complications and illnesses.
If you think clean water is not an issue since you have clear water, then you must know that not all harmful substances are visibly seen; bacteria, pathogens, fecal matters, and hazardous chemicals are only a few of the many toxins that are not visible to the naked eye.
The impact of drinking contaminated water may vary from less to severe depending on several aspects; the volume of intake, level of contamination, type of contaminants, the duration that you’ve been consuming contaminated water, and the health status and age of the person.
Contaminants on water range from typical dirt to hazardous matters, to name a few; E.coli, Nitrates, total Coliforms, nitrates, bacteria, herbicides, and pesticide.
How to Diminish Water Contaminants
The popularity of waterborne diseases have been existing for decades, and with all those years passed, many technologies and methods were created as possible solution on treating contaminated water.
However, if you are aiming to solve the problem with a limited space, always busy, or if you are out to travel, Travel Berkey Water Filter might come handy to you.
Our Berkey Water Filters are capable of cleaning 99.9% of toxins and unwanted sediments including bacteria and metals on your water, despite being smaller in size, it could surpass the cleaning ability of other water filter on the market.
It is very easy to use and does not require much of effort when treating your water, it is also portable and could be placed anywhere you desire.