Berkey Fluoride Removal Water Filter PF2 (Set of 2)
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- Sold in a set of 2
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic reduction Filters are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Set of 2 PF-2 Filters need replacement after 1000 gallons of use
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters are covered under a six month warranty.
Special Combo Pack Deal - Get 10% discount on Black Berkey Filters & PF -2 Fluoride Filter Combo Pack.
Water is very important to our health. But sometimes the water that we drink contains unwanted and harmful chemicals. Some of these are made up of components such as fluoride and arsenics. But there is one Berkey Filter that can remove these components - the Berkey Fluoride PF2 Water Filter.
Here is some information on what it is, what it does, precautionary measures and how it removes fluoride, arsenics and other unwanted contaminating chemicals in your drinking water.
Berkey Fluoride Removal Water Filter PF2
The Berkey PF2 Fluoride Water Filter has the ability to be augmented to the Black Berkey Water Elements to eliminate impurities like arsenic, MTBE, fluoride and other heavy metals.
When strung openly and directly onto the Black Berkey Water Filter, the elements of the fluoride will decrease in an effective way to take control of the besieged risky impurities in your drinking water. The fluoride water filter is compatible with All Full Size Berkey Water Filter Systems and works as a post filter to the Black Berkey Water Filter.
Benefits and Features
- It effectively lessens water impurities like pre-oxidized arsenic III, arsenic V, fluoride, MTBE and other weighty metal ions.
- It decreases the quantity of fluoride in your drinking water by 95%.
- It also works as a post filter to the Black Berkey Water Filter.
- It also works with other Berkey filters such like the Travel Berkey, Big Berkey, Crown Berkey, Berkey Light, Royal Berkey and Imperial Berkey.
- It is very easy to set up and use.
A Controversy about Fluoride in Drinking Water
A time tested process was used and developed to the Berkey Fluoride Water Filter to lessen fluoride in your drinking water. Berkey established this kind of filter to meet the apprehensions of many people who find the practice of accumulating fluoride to drinking water unacceptable or questionable.
Since the 1950’s, fluoride has been accumulated in many municipal water supplies. This practice is now becoming viral or more contentious to say the least.
There are some reports, research and studies about the risky effects of accumulating fluoride to drinking water. The sanitization and healthy benefits of accumulating fluoride directly to the surface of the teeth are uncertain.
The uncertainty begins with fluoride that had been already accumulated to the drinking water. It only comes when it is contacted with the teeth for a very short span of time in diluted form.
After the connection happened, the fluoride is then absorbed and the human body is subjected to the effects of illness and other diseases of the fluoride composition for hours after ingestion.
Some faultfinders claim that in this stage, extensive fluoride toothpastes are appropriately and directly applied to the surface of each tooth, fluoride, if included in the water supply will unnecessary and quite possibly be negligible.
Berkey fluoride water filter allows you to make a decision about your health by lessening the amount of fluoride in your drinking water by 95%.
Here are some water contaminants that can be effectively removed byPF-2.
- Pre-oxidized Arsenic III and Arsenic V
- Other heavy metal ions
Replacement of PF-2
Experts recommend that each set of Berkey PF-2 Fluoride Water Filter must be replaced after 1,000 gallons or 3,785 liters. For example: You have a Big Berkey system that has a capacity of 2 gallons and you are refilling the system 2 times daily.
You will be using 4 gallons of water daily. But under these conditions, the PF-2 fluoride water filter elements will only last for 250 days or 1000 gallons divided by 4 = 250 or for over 8 months.
The concrete replacement period for the PF-2 fluoride filter depends on how much water you will use and the presence of other rival impurities in the source water. High stages of fluoride, arsenic and certain heavy metals may affect negatively to the productivity and capacity of the PF-2 components.
PF2’s Technical Information
A test was performed by experts with a current rate of less than11 liters per minute per cubic feet of the Berkey purifier tool at 20-30 parts per million of the ion in the liquid solution.
Results shown that of <1 parts per million or ppm of the fluoride ion in the emission were distinctive for the filtering tool or >95% reduction. Under some optimal laboratory situations, emission concentrations of less than 50 part per billion (ppb) were eagerly accomplished which associates to a >99.75% reduction.
Arsenic oxide anions and arsenic cations have exceptional possessions that this Berkey filter product efficiently targets.
Precautionary Measures for PF2
Do not put the matter to freezing temperatures, high temperature or simmer the fluoride water filter components.
Under regular conditions, the PF2 containers lessen water filtering stream rate of most Berkey filtering systems by 15 to 20%.
The PF2 elements must also be primed just like the Black Berkey components.
Berkey PF2 elements can lessen the filtration stream rate by 15 to 20%.
The PF-2 elements are stress-free to set up and after setting up the Black Berkey components, simply attach the PF-2 elements on the thread trunks of the Black Berkey purification elements, leaving the wingnuts in place of the Black Berkey Purification Elements.
Ensure to read the provided manual for correct the set up. The PF2 elements are seated in the bottom part of the tank and it is ready use. Rest assure that the filter had discarded the first full tank to get rid of any remaining manufacturing dust.