Black Berkey Purification Elements Replacement Filters (Set of 2)
Many water filters on the market may claim to be a water purifier, but do not meet the performance specifications required for this classification. In order to be classified as a water purifier, a water treatment device must remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. The Black Berkey Purification Elements can be classified as water purifiers because they remove 99.9999999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard. The Black Berkey Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Purification Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcycohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Doctors recommend people to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. But this logical elucidation has no evidence or proof that this is true. Still, drinking water when we feel thirsty somehow rehydrates our body, especially during the summer season.
As time passes by, bottled water is preferred over natural water sources by most people worldwide. But not all bottled waters are safe to drink; there are some that are contaminated by dangerous disease-causing bacteria and unwanted chemicals.
When these contaminated water existed, products about purifying water also emerged like as our Berkey Water Filter and the heart of Berkey is the Black Berkey Water Filter Element.
What is Black Berkey Water Filter Element?
Black Berkey Water Element is a water purifier that removes 100% of pathogens and any unwanted toxins in the water. Each Berkey can carry or filter water up to 3,000 gallons and a set of 2 filters can purify water up to an incredible of 6,000 gallons.
Because of the Black Berkey filters’ versatility, it fits off-brand gravity filtration systems and gravity water filters that can be raised to a purifier with less effort. This excellent value replacement filter massively develops other housing trademarks ability to eradicate unwanted water chemicals.
The innovative Berkey purifier elements are so powerful or dominant that they can eradicate food coloring from any source of water without eliminating any of the helpful minerals your physique needs.
How Does Black Berkey Work and What are Their Elements Made Out of?
Numerous procedures are applied by the Black Berkey purification elements. These elements are made out from a formulation of additional half a dozen of various media types fabricated into a very adequate matrix generating millions of micro-fine pores.
Tiny pores are effective that’s why cysts, parasites, sediments, sedimentary minerals and pathogenic bacteria cannot pass through them. The media construction both "adsorbs" other impurities and "absorbs" some impurities.
Heavy mineral molecules or metals ions are removed with the use of an ion exchange process wherein metal ions are basically electrically merged to the media.
Last but not the least, the filter elements are planned in such a way that each water molecule can yield a few minutes to pass through the filter components whereas these particles passing through other filtration or purification systems pass through the filters in accurately microseconds.
The longer the water particles are in connection with any media, the higher the deduction of the various impurities.
How Long is the Usage of the Black Berkey Purification Elements?
The Black Berkey will last for a lifetime if you know how to maintain them.
It is suggested that if you want to keep your Black Berkey for a long period of time, put them in a zip-lock bag. Zip-lock bags are sufficiently powerful to enthrall contaminants or toxins from the air, which could lessen their projected life if it has a lot of aerial contaminants in the area in which they are being kept. A zip-lock back will avoid the above from happening.
Priming of Black Berkey Elements for Storage
A person can enjoy their Black Berkey Water Filter if it is primed before using. No need to worry because it only takes a few minutes to do the priming and it is straightforward and very easy.
Priming before keeping will allow you to experiment the Black Berkey and prove that there are no deficiencies with the product.
Priming is required because of its extremely tiny pores that creates the filter whether you are using a Royal Berkey, Berkey Light, or any of the other Berkey systems that consumes the Black Berkey purification element.
These components need to have force when water is entered through its filter to clear the air that has been ensnared inside the micro fine pores during its process.
Start by opening up your very own Black Berkey box and confirm that each component has a wing nut and elastic washer attached to it. A tan elastic washer, a priming button, can also be seen inside the box and it is thicker than the component washer with a minor center hole.
Is Black Berkey Recyclable?
It is not recommended that you recycle Black Berkey Purification Elements. Its shells are made of Polypropylene which is Recycle Code 5.
Uses of Polypropylene include yogurt containers, catsup bottles, medicine bottles and margarine tubs.
To recycle, one would have to cut the component open and eliminate the material before recycling the malleable shell. Furthermore, both of these types of elements are in no way of knowing what impurities are in the media after use.