Big Berkey Water Filter - 2.25 Gallons
The Big Berkey Water Filter is Our Most Popular System.
Big Berkey Water Filter is perfect for everyday home kitchen use and outdoor activities.
- The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for homes with small or medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
- This powerful system purifies treated and untreated raw water from remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds, and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best.
- Perfect for everyday use and outdoor activities, and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure, or treated water may not be available.
- The Big Berkey system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222, and trihalomethanes.
- It also reduces nitrates, nitrites, and unhealthy minerals, such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with four purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances.
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing a replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons before replacement is recommended.
This system comes standard with the following:
- Stainless steel canister
- Set of 2 Black Berkey filters
- Standard spigot
- 2 blocking plugs
The best thing about our Big Berkey water filter is it's a perfect size to satisfy enough water for 2 to 3 people. Its low profile size fits comfortably in most kitchens. The unit is constructed of high-quality stainless steel.
This system can hold up to 4 Black filters and 4 PF-2 fluoride filters, which are completely optional. It can be used for home, travel, and outdoor use for purifying treated and untreated raw water.
It can also reduce fluoride in your water when used with Berkey's optional PF-2 fluoride filters. The fluoride filters screw onto the Black filters.
Berkey systems are freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools, or plumbing is needed.
The Black Berkey filters used in the Big Berkey will reduce or remove pathogens, parasites, herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, heavy metals, and bad tastes and odors. No other filters can duplicate this performance. Black Berkey filters can be cleaned using a Scotch Brite pad under running water.
More about the Big Berkey:
|Capacity||2.25 Gallons (8.5 Liters)|
|Filter Capacity||Up to 4 Black Berkeys (upper) + 4 PF-2's (lower)|
|Flow Rate||3.5 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 7 Gallons per hour (4 elements)|
|Height||21" (Includes lid and knob)|
|Portability||The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height.|
|Fluoride Removal||Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.|
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Key points on the Black Berkey Purification Elements:
- A leader in gravity-fed water purification
- The state has tested its formulation and EPA-accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- 2 Black Berkey elements will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Berkey elements are designed not to remove beneficial minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
- Elements come with a 2-year, prorated warranty.
Please click here for a complete list of contaminants that Berkey Water filter reduced/removed and the Laboratory Results of our filters.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Big Berkey: A Powerful Water Purifier
Authentic Black Berkey Purification Elements.
Our laser-etched hologram is your guarantee that you are purchasing authentic Black Berkey Purification Elements. They are made to the highest standards and relied on by outdoor enthusiasts, self-reliant homes, missionaries abroad, relief organizations, and health-aware individuals and families worldwide every day.
The Big Berkey Water Filter
Big Berkey is a versatile water filtration system, and it is ideal for the home use of a small or medium-sized family. Still, you can also bring it on your travels or other outdoor activities like camping.
It is a powerful system that can purify treated water and raw, untreated water from sources like stagnant ponds, streams, and remote lakes, and it does not require electricity. That's why it is perfect for everyday use.
The Big Berkey filtration system is very powerful. It is classified as a purifier. It can remove cysts, pathogenic bacteria, and other dangerous chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, and VOCs trihalomethane, THM, and radon 22.2.
The Big Berkey has been constructed using 304 highly polished stainless steel. The system of this water filter is equipped with two purification elements. It also makes use of the latest advances in filtration system technologies.
This home system would serve your family; that is why it has a storage capacity of 2.25 gallons or 8.5 liters.
The flow rate of the Big Berkey Water filter system varies on the number of Black Berkey purification elements it has installed.
Flow Rate is a term used to describe the ability of the water system to purify a specific number of water gallons per hour.
When there are 2 purification elements installed in the Big Berkey system, it can purify 3.5 gallons of water per hour. On the other hand, the results double when 4 purification elements are installed in the Big Berkey. With 4 purification elements, the Big Berkey water filter system can purify up to 7 gallons of water per hour.
The price of the Big Berkey is most definitely cost-effective. Each durable Black Berkey water filter can last up to approximately 3,000 gallons of water, which means the two will last for approximately 6,000 gallons.
That is much longer than most water filter solutions you can find on the market. If it can provide 10 gallons a week, that could be equal to 11 and a half years of safe and healthy drinking water for you and your family.
Why Choose Big Berkey Water Filter?
Aside from the Big Berkey Water Filter system being a convenient choice for any household, it has many benefits.
Berkey Water Filters highly promote health. This unique and reliable water purification system promises to remove 99.99% of all harmful water contaminants. As far as statistics may show, many different contaminants are already carried around through our waters.
This includes pathogenic bacteria, parasites, cysts, VOCs, insecticides, pesticides, and chemical substances. That is only to name a few. Hence, the Berkey Water Filter System guarantees to provide every household and human being with safe, drinkable, and reliable water. Berkey Water believes that health is only important to anyone living on earth.
The Big Berkey Water system can ensure healthy and safe drinking water. This is through its ability to treat treated and untreated raw water.
Big Berkey Water system and all Berkey Water filtration system is installed with Black Berkey filters that allow its filtration process to be 99.99% effective. It has purification elements designed with micro-pores that disable any harmful water contaminant from passing through it.
Just think about all the money you can save if the money you spend on bottled water is instead invested into a Big Berkey Water Filter.
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filters
BIG BERKEY SYSTEM BENEFITS
- Powerful- Berkey purifiers remove a broad universe of contaminants, from toxic chemicals and minerals to pathogenic bacteria and viruses, while leaving in the healthy minerals your body needs.
- Efficient- Berkey purifiers are the fastest-producing gravity-fed water purification systems on the market, purifying water up to eight times faster than other available systems.
- Convenient- The purification elements may be cleaned, eliminating frequent replacements.
- Effortless- The design replaces slow and exhausting manual pumps with the natural force of gravity. At the same time, the system remains simple to use, making it a breeze, whether in the kitchen or deep in the Rocky Mountains.
- Portable- Berkey purifiers travel easily and function without electricity or water pressure.
- Durable- Constructed of highly-polished surgical grade AISI 304 stainless steel, the housing is built to last.
- Economical- Two Black Berkey Purification Elements, which come standard with most systems, average 2 cents per gallon of purified water and last up to 6,000 gallons, or approximately 5-8 years, with typical use.
- Proven- Used by individuals, missionaries, and relief organizations worldwide, Berkey systems have truly stood the test of time.
Berkey Water Purification Systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, including viruses, bacteria, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, and even radiological while leaving in the healthy minerals your body needs. Confidently use your Berkey System as a final barrier solution daily.
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use — no electricity, tools, or plumbing is needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of fewer than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey Systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements remove greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals,
pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment, and even radiological.
Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
- In control and confidence - Take control of your tap water. Berkey water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind
- Loving every sip - When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Ready for any adventure – Travel the world, hit the trail, or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes, and ponds.
- Prepared and empowered – Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water in situations where a potable water source is unavailable.
Specifications for the Big Berkey System
The 2.25 gallon Big Berkey System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements and is ideal for 1-4 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 2.25 gallons of purified water
- Includes 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements standard
- Expandable to 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements total
- System is 8.5" in diameter x 19.25" in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 9 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
My husband and I are so pleased with this water filter. The water always comes out crystal clear and tastes so clean. No mineral or chlorine taste whatsoever! We are very happy with this purchase.
We have used the Big Berkey for a month and have been happy with our purchase. The size works well for two people. It does have a slight rubber taste from the two plugs but it is less noticeable after 30 days. Our city’s water supply comes from a lake and it has a fishy taste and smell but the Berkey removes it perfectly.
Great tasting water. Hydration is no longer a hassle. Added benefit no more 2.5 gallon plastic jugs! At 68 years old this product is a life saver.
I purchased the Berkey as part of my emergency prepping “kit” which I hope I never have to use in that capacity. However, we did assemble it and tried it with our extremely hard well water and it was clean and refreshing. I dried the inside and allowed the filters to dry as much as possible and then put it away. Hopefully it’s not contaminated but if it filters swamp water, I don’t see what I did being a problem. If an emergency, I will gladly take my chances drinking “contaminated” water than not having any water.
Ordered the Berkey and we have been happy with it so far. It removes food coloring, that yucky fridge water taste, and is easy for the kids to use. My only sadness is that the fluoride filters were out of stock and I’m still looking forward to ordering those.
love the test of the water
We haven't tried it yet, as we will be storing it for future use and didn't want to risk any contamination. It looks vey well-made and has good instructions. We bought it for emergency use.
Glad to have it with the unknown elements in the water these days. Water supply in the KC area is the river and or runoff from fertilized fields. The Berky gives me a sense of security when I drink water. Thanks
Extremely happy with our new Berkley filter system....the water tastes great and easy to use. Bought one for our daughter as a house warming gift...Don't tell anyone.