Big Berkey Water Filter - 2.25 Gallons
The Big Berkey Water Filter is Our Most Popular System.
The Big Berkey Water Filter is a versatile and reliable system designed for everyday use in your kitchen and during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies. It provides clean and safe drinking water wherever needed, ensuring convenience and peace of mind. The Best Gravity-fed Water Filter System.
- The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for homes with small or medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
- This powerful system purifies treated and untreated raw water from remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds, and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best.
- Perfect for everyday use and outdoor activities, and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure, or treated water may not be available.
- The Big Berkey system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222, and trihalomethanes.
- It also reduces nitrates, nitrites, and unhealthy minerals, such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with four purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances.
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing a replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons before replacement is recommended.
This system comes standard with the following:
- Stainless steel canister
- Set of 2 Black Berkey filters
- Standard spigot
- 2 blocking plugs
The best thing about our Big Berkey water filter is it's a perfect size to satisfy enough water for 2 to 3 people. Its low profile size fits comfortably in most kitchens. The unit is constructed of high-quality stainless steel.
This system can hold up to 4 Black filters and 4 PF-2 fluoride filters, which are completely optional. It can be used for home, travel, and outdoor use for purifying treated and untreated raw water.
It can also reduce fluoride when used with Berkey's optional PF-2 fluoride filters. The fluoride filters screw onto the Black filters.
Berkey systems are freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools, or plumbing is needed.
The Black Berkey filters in the Big Berkey will reduce or remove pathogens, parasites, herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, heavy metals, and bad tastes and odors. No other filters can duplicate this performance. Black Berkey filters can be cleaned using a Scotch Brite pad under running water.
More about the Big Berkey:
|Capacity||2.25 Gallons (8.5 Liters)|
|Filter Capacity||Up to 4 Black Berkeys (upper) + 4 PF-2's (lower)|
|Flow Rate||3.5 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 7 Gallons per hour (4 elements)|
|Height||21" (Includes lid and knob)|
|Portability||The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height.|
|Fluoride Removal||Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.|
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Key points on the Black Berkey Purification Elements:
- A leader in gravity-fed water purification
- The state has tested its formulation and EPA-accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- 2 Black Berkey elements will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Berkey elements are designed not to remove beneficial minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
- Elements come with a 2-year, prorated warranty.
Please click here for a complete list of contaminants that the Berkey Water filter reduced/removed and the Laboratory Results of our filters.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Whether you're looking for a water purifier for your home or a traveler's emergency kit, a Berkey water filter can help your need. Not only can it purify water from lakes and rivers, but it also can remove fluoride and nitrates. It's perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and families with small children.
The Berkey filter is a gravity filtration system that forces the source water through filters in the upper chamber. It's easy to set up and operate.
New Millennium Concepts, Ltd., in Texas, make Berkey water filters. They are made from stainless steel and use adsorption and microfiltration to filter water. Berkey filters have millions of microscopic pores that help to filter out a wide variety of contaminants.
Berkey filters are BPA-free, which is vital because some plastic water bottles are made with BPA, an unhealthy chemical for humans.
Berkey filtration systems are easy to set up and use. They are also easy to clean. Once the filters are in place, you should fill the system to the top to allow flow. The flow rate decreases as the water level in the top chamber goes down.
It's a good idea to place the Berkey water filter close to your sink or kitchen faucet so it's easy to access to fill the water.
Berkey filtration systems are designed to remove pathogenic bacteria and parasites from water. And Berkey reduces unhealthy minerals, cysts, and nitrites, which makes the Big Berkey system ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, families with small children, and people living in areas where water is not clean. They're also ideal for off-gridders and RVers.
The Berkey water filter is designed to fit into most homes and offices and can be installed under a cabinet.
You can install the Water View Spigot to allow a clear view of the water level in the lower chamber. This spigot has a tall glass, so you can see the water level without opening the filter.
Berkey filters are easy to use, clean, and a great way to help improve water quality. They're also a great way to reduce waste from plastic water bottles. They are a great gift idea, as well.
Big Berkey: A Powerful Water Purifier
Authentic Black Berkey Purification Elements.
Our laser-etched hologram guarantees that you purchase authentic Black Berkey Purification Elements. They are made to the highest standards and relied on by outdoor enthusiasts, self-reliant homes, missionaries abroad, relief organizations, and health-aware individuals and families worldwide every day.
The Big Berkey Water Filter
Big Berkey is a versatile water filtration system, and it is ideal for the home use of a small or medium-sized family. Still, you can also bring it on your travels or other outdoor activities like camping.
It is a powerful system that can purify treated water and raw, untreated water from sources like stagnant ponds, streams, and remote lakes, and it does not require electricity. That's why it is perfect for everyday use.
The Big Berkey filtration system is very powerful. It is classified as a purifier. It can remove cysts, pathogenic bacteria, and other dangerous chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, and VOCs trihalomethane, THM, and radon 22.2.
The Big Berkey has been constructed using 304 highly polished stainless steel. The system of this water filter is equipped with two purification elements. It also makes use of the latest advances in filtration system technologies.
This home system would serve your family, so it has a storage capacity of 2.25 gallons or 8.5 liters.
The flow rate of the Big Berkey Water filter system varies on the number of Black Berkey purification elements it has installed.
Flow Rate is a term used to describe the ability of the water system to purify a specific number of water gallons per hour.
When there are 2 purification elements installed in the Big Berkey system, it can purify 3.5 gallons of water per hour. On the other hand, the results double when 4 purification elements are installed in the Big Berkey. With 4 purification elements, the Big Berkey water filter system can purify up to 7 gallons of water per hour.
The price of the Big Berkey is most definitely cost-effective. Each durable Black Berkey water filter can last up to approximately 3,000 gallons of water, which means the two will last for approximately 6,000 gallons.
That is much longer than most water filter solutions on the market. Providing 10 gallons a week could equal 11 and a half years of safe and healthy drinking water for you and your family.
Why Choose Big Berkey Water Filter?
Aside from the Big Berkey Water Filter system being a convenient choice for any household, it has many benefits.
Berkey Water Filters highly promote health. This unique and reliable water purification system promises to remove 99.99% of all harmful water contaminants. As far as statistics may show, many contaminants are already carried around through our waters.
This includes pathogenic bacteria, parasites, cysts, VOCs, insecticides, pesticides, and chemical substances. That is only to name a few. Hence, the Berkey Water Filter System guarantees to provide every household and human being safe, drinkable, and reliable water. Berkey Water believes that health is only important to anyone living on earth.
The Big Berkey Water system can ensure healthy and safe drinking water. This is through its ability to treat treated and untreated raw water.
Big Berkey Water system and all Berkey Water filtration system is installed with Black Berkey filters, allowing its filtration process to be 99.99% effective. It has purification elements designed with micro-pores that disable any harmful water contaminant from passing through it.
Just think about all the money you can save if the money you spend on bottled water is instead invested into a Big Berkey Water Filter.
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filters
BIG BERKEY SYSTEM BENEFITS
- Powerful- Berkey purifiers remove a broad universe of contaminants, from toxic chemicals and minerals to pathogenic bacteria and viruses, while leaving in the healthy minerals your body needs.
- Efficient- Berkey purifiers are the fastest-producing gravity-fed water purification systems on the market, purifying water up to eight times faster than other available systems.
- Convenient- The purification elements may be cleaned, eliminating frequent replacements.
- Effortless- The design replaces slow and exhausting manual pumps with the natural force of gravity. At the same time, the system remains simple to use, making it a breeze, whether in the kitchen or deep in the Rocky Mountains.
- Portable- Berkey purifiers travel easily and function without electricity or water pressure.
- Durable- Constructed of highly-polished surgical grade AISI 304 stainless steel, the housing is built to last.
- Economical- Two Black Berkey Purification Elements, which come standard with most systems, average 2 cents per gallon of purified water and last up to 6,000 gallons, or approximately 5-8 years, with typical use.
- Proven- Used by individuals, missionaries, and relief organizations worldwide, Berkey systems have truly stood the test of time.
Berkey Water Purification Systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, including viruses, bacteria, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, and even radiological while leaving in the healthy minerals your body needs. Confidently use your Berkey System as a final barrier solution daily.
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use — no electricity, tools, or plumbing is needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of fewer than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey Systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements remove greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals,
pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment, and radiological.
Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
- In control and confidence - Take control of your tap water. Berkey water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind.
- Loving every sip - When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Ready for any adventure – Travel the world, hit the trail, or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes, and ponds.
- Prepared and empowered – Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water when a potable water source is unavailable.
Specifications for the Big Berkey System
The 2.25-gallon Big Berkey System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements and is ideal for 1-4 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 2.25 gallons of purified water
- Includes 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements standard
- Expandable to 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements total
- System is 8.5" in diameter x 19.25" in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 9 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
Don’t know how we lived without our Berkey! It tastes so clean and clear and my kids are drinking so much more water now that we are using the Berkey system.
This was easy to assemble and it’s so convenient. We feel confident that we are drinking water without all the contaminants. So glad we made this purchase.
Son uses this at college and the Water quality and taste vastly improved versus what comes directly from the tap (municipal water source). Also, own a Royal Berkey for our home (family of 5). Coincidently, Entire household consuming more water than before Berkey ownership (including son at college using the big Berkey)
We got our Berkey about a month ago and we use it for everything! Drinking and cooking our food with it and we love the taste and purity of this water! It was easy to set up as well!!
I was so excited to get the Berkey system, and it was easy to assemble and is easy to use. The only problem is I hate the taste of the water! I have tried putting several batches through the filter to see if that makes a difference, but it still tastes bad to me. I used to have a Zero Water filter, and the water tasted so good, but this does not taste good to me. If you have suggestions for me, I'd love to try something to make it taste better.
The water is crystal clear. You can actually taste the difference!
I moved to an area where county water isn't available and the only water was through a catchment system. I knew of UV disinfection systems and their faults when the recommended PPM requirements aren't met. I think it's called shadowing. When the water passing the UV light has particles that may cast a shadow on a bacteria causing the bacteria to pass into the water system. Something like that. I never got a UV filter. I put together a drinking water system that has an enclosed 2500 gallon tank and a dedicated pump and piping to the kitchen sink. This tank is filled with county water that is trucked in. Well fast forward to today, I have a cabin in a catchment area and this Berkey is perfect!
They love their Berkey! It is saving them a lot of money as they used only bottled water to drink. They have noticed a difference in the taste of their coffee too. All in all they are very pleased.
A friend recommended this water filtration system and after we were under a boil water order for a few days I decided to purchase one. I was not disappointed! The food dye test was a complete game changer for me!!! The water is so fresh and crisp and my entire family is drinking more water because it is so good and we know it is clean! I used it for a few weeks and gave it to my youngest daughter and bought a larger one for myself….and another for my other daughter!! I try to take my own water with me whenever I can! A great investment to know your family is drinking truly clean water! Highly recommend. Don’t forget to purchase the glass view water spigot. It is a must to see when the water level needs to be refilled. Trust me, you will drink more water than you ever did before and having the glass spigot allows you to see when you need to refill so you are never out if clean water.
This is the BEST tasting water I have ever had! So refreshing, super clean, and totally hydrating!!! So easy to set up and maintain, haven’t cleaned the filters yet though, still new…this has to be one of the best purchases I have ever made! I LOVE my Big Berkey and would recommend it to anyone caring about the quality of their drinking water!!!