Royal Berkey Water Filter - 3.25 Gallons
The Royal Berkey water filter is larger in size. Its larger capacity is more suitable for use at home with large families, travel, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies (or for people with high water usage).
About Royal Berkey:
- The versatile Royal Berkey system is ideal for use at home with medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 23"
- Diameter: 9.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 2-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey system can purify up to 4 gallons (15.1 liters) per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey system can purify up to 8 gallons ( 30.3 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
This system comes standard with the following:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- Set of 2 Black Berkey filters
- Standard spigot
- 2 blocking plugs
- 1 stainless steel lid
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
The Royal Berkey system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes.
This system is so powerful that it can seriously remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
With this system, you can use up to 4 Black Berkey purification elements, though this particular one includes 2. With the 2 Black Berkey elements, it can purify up to 4 gallons per hour, while with 4 Black, Berkey elements you can have up to 8 gallons of filtered drinking water per hour.
More About the Royal Berkey:
3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)
|Filter Capacity||Up to 4 Black Berkey (upper) + 4 Fluoride Filters (lower)|
|Flow Rate||4 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 8 Gallons per hour (4 Elements)|
24" (Includes lid and knob)
|Portability||The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25” in height.|
2-4 People normal everyday use
Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
|Weight||8 lbs empty|
Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
For a complete list of contaminants that Berkey Water filter reduced/removed and the Laboratory Results of our filters, please click here.
Why You Need Royal Berkey Water Filter in Your Home
When it comes to the trusted filtration system, our Berkey systems have been supported by worldwide customers. In fact, the Berkey has become a trusted name in more than 100 countries across the globe.
That is actually not at all surprising since Berkey is not only effective in purifying water sources, it is also quite efficient as well.
Berkey water filters are usually very versatile products, and they were not only designed for home, but they were also designed to be portable to make it easy for you to bring them along on your outdoor adventures.
The Berkey systems also do not require any special equipment or electricity to make them work, and it is just pure gravity, they can also purify not only treated water but also untreated raw ones from the lakes and other natural sources.
The Royal Berkey Water Filter
If you need a water filter system for your home that could cater to your whole family, then the Royal Berkey is a good choice. This filter system is a bit bigger than the Big Berkey since it was designed to be a step up the size.
This water filter system is actually the result of a lot of customer feedbacks saying that Big Berkey cannot really keep up with the water demands of their family because although they are just a family with a normal size, their water consumption and demands were higher than normal because of a unique lifestyle.
We have listened to what our customers have to, and we found out that this group does not only use water for drinking but also for other things like cooking, plants and their pets.
People in this household could also have an active lifestyle that requires them to consume more water than the normal.
People in this group needed a Berkey filter that could offer a much larger capacity, and so the Royal Berkey Water Filter was made.
Like all other Berkey Water Filter system, the Royal Berkey can remove 99.99 percent of water contaminants.
It can filter out harmful bacteria, cysts, harmful mineral, organic solvents, harmful chemicals and parasites in your drinking water.
Although this is a very powerful water purifier, it still leaves the entire healthy mineral in the water that we are going to need.
It’s storage capacity s 12.3 liters or 3.25 gallons, and the purification elements can also be expanded to four so that it could purify up to 30.3 liters or 8 gallons of water in an hour.
The Royal Berkey water filtration system is ideal for larger families and people leading an active lifestyle with more demands for clean and healthy drinking water.
Royal Berkey Purification Elements
The Royal Berkey has two Black Berkey Purification Elements, and you must know that it is more powerful than any of the gravity filter element that is currently available in the market.
When tests, the purification elements incredibly removed 99.99 percent of the contaminants, there were no pathogens detected even when tested under an electron microscope.
Each of the purification element can last you up until approximately 3,000 gallons, so for a set of two, that will give you approximately 6,000 gallons of clean and safe water, that means that those two filters could last you for many years making the Royal Berkey water filter system not only a good choice for a home filtration system but also a smart and affordable one since it could help you save money in the long run.
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filtersberkey water filter | berkey water filter | shower head water filters | black berkey filters | berkey sport |
Dont forget sight glass spigot! would also buy one size larger than what “sounds” right. Loaded it up with max filters & love it... humidifiers, aromatherapy, drinking, cooking, plants, pets, drinking.... Love having safe, great water to use everywhere possible! WITH the sight glass, berkey’s a pleasure (who knew it’s easy to overflow Berkey without the sight glass, ooops!).
We love our berkey!
I wanted to be able to drink my sulfur-y tasting well water without losing all the minerals and the Berkey did the job, that is why I am giving five stars. I considered removing a star because you lose more than a gallon between what doesn't reach the filters in the top and the water below the spigot, but didn't. Just be aware of the lost volume, you may want to order larger than your anticipated use. Also it annoys me how small the spigot opening is because it takes forever if you need a large volume at once. I have the stainless steel spigot, but it looks similar in size to the plastic one that comes with the unit. Unless you have a big family, it will take a while to get your ROI because of the cost of the unit. With the cost of water here, for me at one gallon a day it will take two years. But then again, I don't have to lug jugs home from the grocery so there is value in that. Plus the filters are supposed to be long lasting. On the plus side, I'm surrounded by farm fields so there is value in getting any possible sulfates and herbicides out of my water.
I am very pleased with my purchase of the Royal Berkey. The water tastes great and has eliminated chlorine smell/taste in our water. I also use it for cooking and washing vegetables, which makes me glad I opted for the larger model. The initial setup was a bit tedious in that when using the fluoride filters, you have to really get rid of "manufacturer's dust", as was explained to me by customer service; who by the way was very helpful. Wish there was a hard copy of the manual, but it can be downloaded online. I have recommended this product to my friends as I feel it is a good investment, especially if you are concerned about the quality of your water and our environment. Thank you Berkey!
First encountered the Berkey in my sister's home years ago, really enjoyed the water. I bought one this year and really like the difference it makes in the flavor and safety of our water. Why I waited so long, I do not know!
The filters have changed over the years, but the product succeeds in its delivery. I did have to take the filters outside to prime them, as the kitchen faucet would not work with the priming adapter. That is okay, the adapter worked outside, got it done on both sets of filters and the Berkey was put into action.
If you are on the fence about buying one, I recommend you buy one! The value of a Berkey is incredible, it pays for itself in no time, you will be glad you made the purchase!