Big Berkey Water Filter - 2.25 Gallons (Limit one unit per order)
The Big Berkey water filter is our most popular system.
Big Berkey Water Filter is perfect for everyday home kitchen use as well as for outdoor activities.
- The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for homes with small or medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
- This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds, and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best.
- Perfect for everyday use, outdoor activities, and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure, or treated water may not be available.
- The Big Berkey system entirely removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222, and trihalomethanes.
- It also reduces nitrates, nitrites, and unhealthy minerals, such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with four purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances.
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing a replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended.
This system comes standard with the following:
- Stainless steel canister
- Set of 2 Black Berkey filters
- Standard spigot
- 2 blocking plugs
The best thing about our Big Berkey water filter is it's a perfect size to satisfy enough water for 2 to 3 people. Its low profile size fits comfortably in most kitchens. The unit is constructed of high-quality stainless steel.
This system can hold up to 4 Black filters and 4 PF-2 fluoride filters, which are completely optional. It can not just be used for home but as well as travel and outdoor use for purifying both treated and untreated raw water.
It is also capable of reducing fluoride in your water when used with Berkey's optional PF-2 fluoride filters. The fluoride filters screw onto the Black filters.
Berkey systems are freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools, or plumbing is needed.
The Black Berkey filters used in the Big Berkey will reduce or remove pathogens, parasites, herbicides, pesticides, VOC's, heavy metals, as well as bad tastes and odors. No other filters can duplicate this performance. Black Berkey filters can be cleaned by using a Scotch Brite pad under running water.
More about the Big Berkey:
|Capacity||2.25 Gallons (8.5 Liters)|
|Filter Capacity||Up to 4 Black Berkeys (upper) + 4 PF-2's (lower)|
|Flow Rate||3.5 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 7 Gallons per hour (4 elements)|
|Height||21" (Includes lid and knob)|
|Portability||The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height.|
|Fluoride Removal||Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.|
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Key points on the Black Berkey Purification Elements:
- A leader in gravity-fed water purification
- The state has tested its formulation and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- 2 Black Berkey elements will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Berkey elements are designed not to remove beneficial minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
- Elements come with a 2-year, prorated warranty.
Please click here for a complete list of contaminants that Berkey Water filter reduced/removed and the Laboratory Results of our filters.
Big Berkey: A Powerful Water Purifier
We know that tap water has already been treated to make them safe to consume. However, that water still has to go a long way from the water treatment plant to your home.
This water still has to go through miles and miles of pipes, and it could encounter a lot of things on its way, so how sure are we that it is really safe to consume?
The thing is, the water that we drink should be labeled safe and healthy. So how can you turn tap water into something healthy?
The answer: a home water filtration system and one of the most trusted water filters is the Berkey Water Filters.
The Berkey understands that choosing the right water filter for your home can really be a hard task, so we offer you products that are everything you are looking for.
Filters of Berkey systems are made in the USA. Since we already have an established reputation in the industry and the results of their filtration tests are outstanding, we hold a gold standard when it comes to gravity filtration systems.
There are different sizes to choose from, but all products promise an easy and reliable experience. In addition, its ability to be portable is one of its most outstanding features that are highly recognized all over the globe. Waters can be your company whenever you go for camping trips, vacations, and any outdoor activities for that matter.
If you want a Berkey water filter that could serve your family of 4 or 5, then the Big Berkey Water filter is the one you should go for.It is relatively affordable considering all its features and the benefits you will get. It has been proven that you can save a lot of money with Berkey instead of other water purification competitors.
Understanding NSF Standards 42 and 53
It is important to note that NSF Standards 42 and 53 do not certify that a filter removes pathogenic bacteria or other contaminants; the standards only require reduction.
NSF Standard 42 (Aesthetic Impurities)
Under this standard, filters are certified to reduce (but not remove) aesthetic impurities such as chlorine and taste/odor in water that is already biologically safe and of known quality. Therefore, this certification does not pertain to the purification of non-potable water. Moreover, this standard is only intended to reduce substances affecting the aesthetic quality of the water only or to add chemicals for scale control, or both.
NSF Standard 53 (Health Effects)
A filter can be awarded NSF Standard 53 certification if it treats (and effectively reduces) at least one of the contaminants with health effects (such as lead and other heavy metals or volatile organic compounds), as detailed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Also, note that reducing one unhealthy water contaminant (a 25% reduction qualifies as reducing) to qualify for NSF Standard 53 is nothing when compared to the powerful contaminant removal capability (>99.9 %) of Black Berkey® Purification Elements.
authentic Black Berkey Purification Elements.
Our laser-etched hologram is your guarantee that you are purchasing authentic Black Berkey Purification Elements. They are made to the highest standards and relied on by outdoor enthusiasts, self-reliant homes, missionaries abroad, relief organizations, and health-aware individuals and families worldwide every day.
The Big Berkey Water Filter
Big Berkey is a versatile water filtration system, and it is ideal for home use of a small or a medium-sized family, but you can also bring it on your travels or other outdoor activities like camping.
It is a powerful system that can purify both treated water and raw, untreated water from sources like stagnant ponds, streams, and remote lakes, and it does not require electricity. That's why it is perfect for everyday use.
The Big Berkey filtration system is very powerful. It is classified as a purifier. It can remove cysts, pathogenic bacteria, and other dangerous chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, and VOCs trihalomethane or THM and radon 22.2.
How Big Berkey was Made
The Big Berkey has been constructed with the use of 304 stainless steel that has been highly polished. The system of this water filter is equipped with two purification elements. It also makes use of the latest advances in filtration system technologies.
This is a home system that would serve your family; that is why it has a storage capacity of 2.25 gallons or 8.5 liters.
The flow rate of the Big Berkey Water filter system varies on the number of Black Berkey purification elements it has installed.
Flow Rate is a term used to describe the ability of the water system to purify a specific number of water gallons per hour.
When there are 2 purification elements installed in the Big Berkey system, it can purify 3.5 gallons of water per hour. On the other hand, the results double when 4 purification elements are installed in the Big Berkey. With 4 purification elements, the Big Berkey water filter system can purify up to 7 gallons of water per hour.
The Big Berkey has been configured with the use of two purification elements from the Black Berkey, and it has the capacity to purify up to 3 and a half gallons or 13.3 liters per hour.
Its system can also be expanded into four purification elements making it capable of purifying 7 gallons or 26.5 liters of water per hour.
The price of the Big Berkey is most definitely cost-effective. Each of the durable Black Berkey water filters can last up to approximately 3,000 gallons of water, which means that the two will last for approximately 6,000 gallons.
That is actually a lot longer than most water filter solutions you can find in the market. If it can provide 10 gallons a week, that could be equal to 11 and a half years of safe and healthy drinking water for you and your family.
Why Choose Big Berkey Water Filter?
Aside from the fact that the Big Berkey Water Filter system is a convenient choice for any household, it has a lot of benefits to give.
Berkey Water Filters highly promote health. This unique and reliable water purification system promises to remove 99.99% of all harmful water contaminants. As far as statistics may show, there are already more a lot of different contaminants that are carried around through our waters.
This includes pathogenic bacteria, parasites, cysts, VOC's, insecticides, pesticides, chemical substances. That is only to name a few. Hence, the Berkey Water Filter System guarantees to provide every household and human being safe, drinkable, and reliable water. Berkey Water believes that health is only but important to anyone living on earth.
The Big Berkey Water system can ensure healthy and safe drinking water. This is through its ability to treat both treated water and untreated raw water.
Big Berkey Water system and all Berkey Water filtration system is installed with Black Berkey filters that allow its filtration process to be 99.99% effective. It has purification elements that are designed with micro-pores that disables any harmful water contaminant to pass through it.
Just think about all the money you can save if the money you spend on bottled water would instead be invested into a Big Berkey Water Filter.
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filters
BIG BERKEY SYSTEM BENEFITS
- Powerful- Berkey purifiers remove a broad universe of contaminants, from toxic chemicals and minerals to pathogenic bacteria and viruses, while leaving in the healthy minerals your body needs.
- Efficient- Berkey purifiers are the fastest-producing gravity-fed water purification systems on the market, purifying water up to eight times faster than other available systems.
- Convenient- The purification elements may be cleaned, eliminating frequent replacements.
- Effortless- The design replaces slow and exhausting manual pumps with the natural force of gravity. At the same time, the system remains simple to use, making it a breeze; whether in the kitchen or deep in the Rocky Mountains.
- Portable- Berkey purifiers travel easily and function without electricity or water pressure.
- Durable- Constructed of highly-polished surgical grade AISI 304 stainless steel, the housing is built to last.
- Economical- Two Black Berkey Purification Elements, which come standard with most systems, average 2 cents per gallon of purified water, and last up to 6,000 gallons, or approximately 5-8 years with typical use.
- Proven- Used by individuals, missionaries, and relief organizations worldwide, Berkey systems have truly stood the test of time.
Berkey Water Purification Systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, including viruses, bacteria, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, and even radiological while leaving in the healthy minerals your body needs. Confidently use your Berkey System as a final barrier solution daily.
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use — no electricity, tools or plumbing needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of fewer than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey Systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements remove greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals,
pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment, and even radiological.
Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. If desired, Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
- In control and confidence - Take control of your tap water. Berkey water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind
- Loving every sip - When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Ready for any adventure – Travel the world, hit the trail or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes, and ponds.
- Prepared and empowered – Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water in situations where a potable source of water is not available.
Specifications for the Big Berkey System
The 2.25 gallon Big Berkey System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements and is ideal for 1-4 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 2.25 gallons of purified water
- Includes 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements standard
- Expandable to 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements total
- System is 8.5" in diameter x 19.25" in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 9 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
Glad to have it with the unknown elements in the water these days. Water supply in the KC area is the river and or runoff from fertilized fields. The Berky gives me a sense of security when I drink water. Thanks
Extremely happy with our new Berkley filter system....the water tastes great and easy to use. Bought one for our daughter as a house warming gift...Don't tell anyone.
We recently bought the 2.25 gallon Big Berkey water filtration system. We love the peace of mind it gives us knowing the water we are drinking is pure. I also like the portability of the system as you can take it on camping trips, etc. The 6000 gallon filtration capacity of 2 filters will provide enough drinking water for about 8 years for my wife and I!
After receiving word that my order had shipped....I waited....and I waited.... In ten days I called, to find out that the order had been pulled before shipping, as the felt that the address was giving the wrong zip code. No one called, they "felt' it was not right, and set it aside.
I have it now, but had to order a siphon, as the newer home faucets will not work. Can't explain better than that, as my husband was in charge of this project. We finally have the siphon, at additional cost and are up and running. We all know the quality of the Berkey, that is why we pay top dollar for it. That having been said, wake up customer service. I am still waiting to hear how sorry they were regarding the mixup. Zip and address were correct, by the way.
Use at our farm on well water that is already cleaner than our home city water (which is as clean as it gets in this country) except for one thing and the Berkey is cleaning that up well. Love it. Don't need to buy water anymore.