Sight Glass Spigot
- *Not compatible with Berkey Stainless Steel Spigot
- *This is not Berkey Water View™ Spigot
- Allows instant reading of the water level in the lower chamber of your stainless steel Berkey system
- Available in three sizes based on the system you own:
- 7.5" - For Travel Berkey® and Big Berkey® systems
- 10" - For Royal Berkey® ® system
- 13" - For Imperial Berkey and Crown Berkey® systems (includes sight glass brace)
- The glass tube of the spigot can be easily cleaned with soap and water as needed
- Includes two washers and a wingnut
- All systems come standard with a basic spigot; the sight glass spigot is an upgrade purchase
- Constructed of high-quality materials and made in the USA
If it were not for the sight glass I am sure that I would have kept running out of clean water. It is easy to install.
This was easy to assemble and I really liked being able to see the water level in the glass view tube. A bit of a learning curve as we needed to remember to push the lever toward the container and not toward us. Perhaps this was in the directions. If not it needs to be. Pulling the lever places torque on the tube and could possibly break it off. We needed to demonstrated the proper way to our guests and children. This worked well for us. I would fill the top container with water before going to bed and the filtered water wold last throughout the next day. Love our Berkey.
I am happy to have the glass sight spigot. I owned a Berkey without it and never over filled, but having the sight glass is nice. I figure it is going to last for years, so yeah, fifty bucks is high for a small glass tube, but the value is there. I added it to my order when I doubled up my black and white filters to a full set of four, so now my Berkey filters water a bit faster. It is a good system once you get past the buy in price. I am glad I have it.
Very useful accessory for our Imperial Berkey. Great to be able to check water level at a glance.
It's great! It's very helpful being able to see how much water is in the Berkey tank. BTW .. WE LOVE OUR BERKEY!!
while the spigot alone is great, I am having problems with the seal/washer for it. It seems no matter how I put them. it will leake when I use the spigot. If there are any suggestions, I would appreciate them.
This beautiful spigot makes it so much easier to know when to refill! Thank you for a great product
Very useful water gauge. I've marked my Berkey tank with gallon range marks with a label maker and that makes it easier when filling it to prevent overfilling. Berkey is a great water purification system.
I love the sight glass spigot. I can't imagine having to lift up the top chamber every time I needed to check the water level. Definitely worth the price. we
They should simply come with the Berkey automatically. Worth every penny for one. I have been trying to think of a reason for not having the sight spigot and have not come up with one. I have one down side with mine and I am not sure if it is normal, but whenever I dispense water, it always has a water bubble hung up in the spigot that eventually drops to the floor....leaving a small puddle which is how I discovered it holding the water. I have learned to catch the water before walking away. I STILL would not give up my sight spigot just because of the water bubble though. And that is the only reason I did not give it a 5 star rating.