Crown Berkey Water Filter - 6 Gallons
- This system comes standard with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4, 6 or 8 elements
- The Crown Berkey® system is our largest system and is ideal for large groups at home, churches, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 20" in height
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 6 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 30"
- Diameter: 11"
- Weight: 12 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 6-12 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® system can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® system can purify up to 13 gallons (49.2 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® system can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 8 PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcycohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
See the Laboratory Testing Results of our filters.
Crown Berkey for More Water Needs:
Most of the municipal water utilities use chlorine in treating their drinking water since it is very effective in killing bacteria. It is also easy to use and inexpensive.
But even though chlorine is a very good water disinfectant, it can make the drinking water taste and smell very unpleasant, it can also react with some organic substances that are also in the water to form a hazardous compound.
Water filters can help purify your drinking water, removing these impurities can make water very safe to drink while also improving how it smells or tastes.
The Water Filter that You Should Get
Our water filters provide the most effective removal of waterborne contaminants. Our products are now used all over the world, in fact, because of its efficiency in filtering drinking water, it has been set as the international standard for water filters that can be used either in a clean or in a hostile environment.
Berkey Water Filter systems are available in several models of different kind. Each of these models were built with a specific guideline and a group size in mind.
The Crown Berkey Water Filter
The Crown Berkey is the biggest water filter system that is available in the line of Berkey water filters. This water filter is very versatile, it is ideal to serve as a water purifier on your kitchen countertop but it could also be used for an outdoor activity and even for emergency situations.
This Berkey water purifier can immediately provide you with filtered water; it can purify both treated and untreated raw water. It was built with 304 polished stainless steel and it has an attractive and durable body.
This water filtering system consists of two Black Berkey purifying elements that can be upgraded to up to four, six or eight purifying elements.
It can store up to 6 gallons or 22.7 liters of water and for a normal daily use, it can serve 6 to 12 people but when it is fully configured, the Crown Berkey can serve 300 to 625 people.
The water purifier of the Crown Berkey does not simply filter drinking water but it removes 99.99% of pathogens, heavy metals and other substances that can be dangerous or hazardous to health, or cause a bad smell or taste to the water.
With the Crown Berkey, you won’t need electricity or water pressure to get clean and pure water, it uses the natural pressure of the water in the filtering system and gravity so that water can pass through the micropores of its purification elements.
A water filter that does not depend on pressurized water of electricity is one of the most important part of emergency preparedness. It can purify treated water and even untreated water fast and based on the number of Black Berkey purifying elements that is configured into it, it can serve a big number of people.
Berkey water filters were also designed to last and, it will be around for a long time and it will serve you thousands of gallons of water.
The Crown Berkey water filter is also disaster ready, which is why it was built to purify water at such a fast and powerful rate. But Berkey water filter system are also very versatile and flexible, you may found a Crown Berkey as a great household tool.