Crown Berkey Water Filter - 6 Gallons
The Crown Berkey is the largest model, so it can be used for providing pure drinking water to a large number of people (up to 150). May it be at home, churches, hospitals orphanages, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies. The Crown Berkey is made of high-quality stainless steel.
- The Crown Berkey System comes standard with two Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4, 6, or 8 elements
- The Crown Berkey System is our largest system and is ideal for large groups at home, churches, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 20" in height
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 6 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 30"
- Diameter: 11"
- Weight: 12 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 6-12 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey System can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® System can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour
This system comes standard with the following:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8)
- 1 stainless steel lid
- 1 spigot
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 6 blocking plugs
- 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
This system can have up to 8 Black Berkey elements. With the maximum filtration capacity of the filter being 26 gallons per hour.
Its powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries.
Also, this system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes.
It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and heavy metals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
More About the Crown Berkey:
6 gallons (17 liters)
Up to 8 Black Berkey (upper) + 8 Fluoride Filters (lower)
|Flow Rate||6.5 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 16.5 Gallons per hour (6 Elements)|
|Height||31” (Includes lid and knob)|
The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 20” in height.
6-12+ People normal everyday use
Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
|Weight||12 lbs empty|
Up to 8 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Crown Berkey for More Water Needs:
Most of the municipal water utilities use chlorine in treating their drinking water since it is very effective in killing bacteria. It is also easy to use and inexpensive.
But even though chlorine is a very good water disinfectant, it can make the drinking water taste and smell very unpleasant, and it can also react with some organic substances that are also in the water to form a hazardous compound.
Water filters can help purify your drinking water, removing these impurities can make the water very safe to drink while also improving how it smells or tastes.
The Water Filter that You Should Get
Our water filters provide the most effective removal of waterborne contaminants. Our products are now used all over the world, in fact, because of its efficiency in filtering drinking water, it has been set as the international standard for water filters that can be used either in a clean or a hostile environment.
Berkey Water Filter systems are available in several models of a different kind. Each of these models was built with a specific guideline and a group size in mind.
The Crown Berkey Water Filter
The Crown Berkey is the biggest water filter system that is available in the line of Berkey water filters. This water filter is very versatile, it is ideal to serve as a water purifier on your kitchen countertop, but it could also be used for outdoor activity and even for emergency situations.
This Berkey water purifier can immediately provide you with filtered water; it can purify both treated and untreated raw water. It was built with 304 polished stainless steel, and it has an attractive and durable body.
This water filtering system consists of two Black Berkey purifying elements that can be upgraded to up to four, six or eight purifying elements.
It can store up to 6 gallons or 22.7 liters of water, and for a normal daily use, it can serve 6 to 12 people, but when it is fully configured, the Crown Berkey can serve 300 to 625 people.
The water purifier of the Crown Berkey does not simply filter drinking water, but it removes 99.99% of pathogens, heavy metals and other substances that can be dangerous or hazardous to health, or cause a bad smell or taste to the water.
With the Crown Berkey, you won’t need electricity or water pressure to get clean and pure water, and it uses the natural pressure of the water in the filtering system and gravity so that water can pass through the micropores of its purification elements.
A water filter that does not depend on the pressurized water of electricity is one of the most important parts of emergency preparedness. It can purify treated water and even untreated water fast and based on the number of Black Berkey purifying elements that are configured into it, and it can serve a big number of people.
Berkey water filters were also designed to last and, it will be around for a long time, and it will serve you thousands of gallons of water.
The Crown Berkey water filter is also disaster ready, which is why it was built to purify water at such a fast and powerful rate. But Berkey water filter system is also very versatile and flexible, and you may found a Crown Berkey as a great household tool.
Berkey Water Purification Product Lines and Water Filterswater filter systems | berkey water filters | water filter that removes fluoride | the big berkey | potable water purification |
Me likey my Berkey.
I've wanted a Berkey for a long time and finally bit the bullet and purchased a blemished 6 gallon model. The blemishes are so minor they are almost imperceptible.. Even if they were significant, the benefits of owning the Berkey far outweigh any perceptible flaw. The water filtered through the Berkey is amazing. It tastes clean and is perfectly clear. After using the Berkey for just over a month, I now can taste the plastic in bottled water and it is very unappetizing. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I like the secure feeling of always having access to clean, fresh water, and not having to depend upon the city to provide it. This unit came with two of the black filters and I purchased two more. My only problem was one of the filter's threads were stripped so it really isn't usable since it cannot be tightened. The 6 gallon Berkey will hold up to 8 filters. I hope to work my way up to all 8 filters.
Works perfectly but arrived with a dent on the side of it even though I had bought a new one that was unblemished. The instructions for putting it together would be a lot nicer if they came with pictures also because I’m not a fan of the lengthy dumbed down videos. Eventually convinced my mother to get one and continue to tell everyone that comes over that they need one.
I haven't set it up and used it yet but I loved the information on the product which is why I bought it. The service was great and it arrived much sooner than I expected. So far no complaints as long as the unit works as it said. I will check and get back to you on another review. Thank you for checking with me. That is good customer service and leads me to believe all will be well. Thanks, Kathleen
Our Crown Berkey, which the kids refer to as the "Tower of Purity Security", delivers daily hydration for our family of five, our pets, our indoor garden of vegetable seedlings and culinary herbs, AND supplies us with plenty of clean water for cooking. It's a beautiful water vessel in our tiny kitchen that reminds us with each drop how fortunate we are that our water is clean. We enjoy tremendous peace of mind knowing our Berkey filters can provide water that is 75% glyphosate free and up to 99.9% free from toxins, carcinogens, viruses, bacteria, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides and other threats that may be invisibly present in water. This sophisticated water filtration system has become a kitchen essential in our home, and a worthy investment in our family's health as we strive to reduce the toxic load.. Proud to own a Berkey !!