Imperial Berkey 4.5 Gallons Water Filter Special Set with 2 Black Elements and 2 Fluoride Filters
Imperial Berkey (4.5 Gallons) with 2 Black Berkey Elements and 2 Fluoride Filters For Only $375.00 (Regular Price $430.00).
- Regular Price for Imperial Berkey with 2 Filters is $362.00.
- Regular Price for 2 Fluoride Filters is $68.00.
Do not miss this opportunity!
- This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 or 6 elements.
- The versatile Imperial Berkey system is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 17" in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 Fluoride Removal Filters (PF-2), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26"
- Diameter: 10"
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 4-8 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 200-400 people a day, during an emergency
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey system can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey system can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
- PF-2 reduction elements are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water - Fluoride, Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III, Other residual heavy metal ions.
- FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
- ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
- REPLACEMENT: Under normal conditions, it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after approximately 1,000 gallons.
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%.
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to the top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Relatively easy to set up and get working. Don't drink the first container of filtered water. Probably ok but tastes...off. Water produced by this unit has a clean, polished taste. We're using water out of the tap with lots of chlorine in it and there is no chlorine taste or smell in purified water.
We have the 4.5 gal system using 4 black filters, so it produces water quickly. The only complaint is that it states it will hold 4.5 gal but 3.5 gal fills it up, so maybe they sent us the wrong unit. The rating is for purification function. Would give one star less for the capacity discrepancy, but what the heck.
Berkey was recommended to me by my daughter. I was filling my 2 qt filtered pitcher 4 to 5 times a day. Love the Berkey but wish it had a viewing window to prevent overfilling.
This Berkey water filter is in no way functionally different from unblemished filters. Operations is the same and warranty is the same. Cost is spot on for the product received.
I purchased this Berkey water filter for emergencies. It doesn't get much use right now, but when the power goes out and the water pump doesn't work then my shallow dug well and the Berkey filter will be worth it's weight in gold.