$500 Scholarship Offer From The Berkey
The Berkey is a company that works diligently to provide fresh, clean and pure drinking water to individuals across the globe. Each of the filters offered by The Berkey consistently outperform all other water filters available on the market and are in a class by themselves, for a fraction of the price of competitors. This is all made possible thanks to the determination of the staff to improve the quality of everyone’s drinking water.
In addition to helping provide clean drinking water, at The Berkey we also understand how important it is for young people to receive a college education. After all, the future of fresh water and a healthy life lies in the hands of the youth.
As a result, we are now offering a $500 scholarship to any student meeting our requirements and who plans to attend an accredited college or university in the U.S.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2019
Winner Announced: July 1, 2019
Our scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best explains the concept of water conservation and presents a new and exciting idea in this area.
Water conservation is more important today, than ever before. In a world where one in nine people still don’t have access to safe drinking water, it is imperative to understand what needs to be done to protect the fresh water supply. To ensure this problem doesn’t become more atrocious, water conservation methods must be put into place.
Our goal is to see how much a student understands about water conservation and if they can come up with new, innovative ideas to help preserve the water supply we have today, and ensure it lasts into the future. Even if the idea seems “far-fetched” we encourage you to apply.
With the essay information above in mind, any student interested in applying for this scholarship needs to submit a 1,200-word essay on the importance of water conservation, along with an original idea of what can be done in the future.
- Provide the company with proof of acceptance to an approved college, university or technical school
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
- Have a GPA of 3.0
- Create and submit the essay on water conservation to info(@)theberkey.com
- Include an original idea on water conservation methods/techniques
- Make sure the essay is written in proper English and that all spelling and grammar is correct
- Once submitted, no changes will be permitted
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Anyone who submits their essay before June 15, 2019 at 7 PM ET will be considered for the scholarship
- The winner will be announced no later than July 1, 2019
- To receive scholarship, winner must present proof of attending or plans to attend an approved university, college or technical school
- Winners will be notified via email and if no response is made within 15 days, a new winner will be announced
If you are ready to apply for the $500 scholarship, you can do so here.